We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailors/Getting clothing made

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tailors/Getting clothing made

Hi,

I am about to travel to Bali next week and wonder if anyone knows of a good tailor/seamstress that would make business shirts for women?

I have heard that some people can get good things made in Denspasar - but don't have specifics of anyone? Has anyone ever had something made? Was it good quality - good value?

Any ideas appreciated.

Sydney
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailors/Getting clothing made

Hi there,

I have had some terrible experiences with Tailors in Bali with suits and jackets that were promised to fit perfectly, unfortunately I was dreadfully dissapointed.

4 years back I was recommended Anika Tailors, they are a very reputed Tailor in Tuban, that make anything that you can imagine. All items my husband and I had made, we have be extremely happy with. Fit and finish is always above our expectations. My husband also has sent over his measurements and they have made items then sent over to Australia. My friend last year had her wedding dress made by them, she just took over a picture of her dream dress (same dress $4000 in Sydney), Anika's replicated the same dress perfectly and charged her $550.

There are 100's of Tailors in Bali, but none I recommend more then Anika's.

http://www.anikatailor.com/

Hope this helps

kristy

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailors/Getting clothing made

thanks princessturbo - great advice!

Good to hear about someone you have actually used and got good results from.

Thanks for the tip...

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,581 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailors/Getting clothing made

Hi

We have also used Anika Tailors but do recommend Alta Moda tailor for business shirts and men's suits. They have an enormous range of fabrics in their shop and their tailoring is excellent. They do not make women's clothing, such as dresses and skirt but 'tailored' clothes are always perfect. They have a huge shop of 3 floors of fabrics in Kuta Galeria.

perth
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailors/Getting clothing made

for the past 2 years i have used NNT Tailor. His name is cornelis 081338418504 at poppies lane 2 Benesari str Kuta. he does a fine job very nice quality and fit

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tailors/Getting clothing made

Hi there,

I'm in Bali at the moment and waiting for a dress to be made by Janoko Tailors in Poppies 2. I took a dress to be copied and went to Alta Moda in Kuta for the material. They have an unbelievable range of fabrics, three floors, not like spotlight or Lincraft (very fancy place) and they are very helpful and know what they are talking about.

It is only costing 80,000RP to be made. Fabric is silk chiffon and including lining was 448,000RP!! Quite cheap though for the sort of fabric it is. My femaile friend is getting a business suit made as well.

Fingers crossed they turn out!!

I am coming home Sunday so I will let you know how I go and maybe post a photo of the dress and suit.

Kerryn..

6. Re: Tailors/Getting clothing made

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 16, 2009