We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for something different

Bangkok
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for something different

I have been to Bali twice already -- spent both trips in villas around the Seminyak area (that was really nice!). This year I want to do something different -- see a different part of the island. Any suggestions for something out of the ordinary? I like hiking and nature. Do a bit of snorkeling, too, but I am not such an ocean guy.

Thanks in advance.

Bali
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for something different

go to UBUD, art centre of bali with beautiful nature and culture.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for something different

Hi,

If you want something quiet and different, try the west. The Bali Barat National Park is there. You can do hikes, or take a boat out to the Marine National Park at Menjangan Island and snorkel there.

But if that is too far for you, then you might want to try Ubud as well. Heart of culture. Lovely rice terraces, very different from Seminyak.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for something different

Mountain Gunung Agung would be your choice....looks exciting for climbing on volcano

'.....Gunung Agung, a mightily revered volcano is a cranky gent that blew his top in 1963. The eastern flank, which bore the brunt of this outburst, remains a deserted Brobdingnagian landscape, a tossed salad of giant volcanic boulders and tall grass. A romantic ribbon of road snakes through it to Kubu and around the hump to Singaraja in the far north. From Lakeview it is possible to drive down into the crater and along the rim of the lake to the public hot springs. "Guides" are at hand to help you climb smoking, sulphurous Mt Batur. The route is fraught with steam, rocks – and the ubiquitous chess sets that locals are wont to sell at every corner.....'

from http://www.smarttravelasia.com/baliguide.htm

Gianyar
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for something different

It's difficult to say what you like best or want to experience in Bali with little criteria given. From supernatural to modern lifestyle - it's all here.

I have a friend from SF wanting to experience unlike anything he has ever seen in his life so I took him to watch leak (commonly during kajeng kliwon) only then his camera couldn't catch all the scenes and got his pants wet and never would want to experience that again.

Other than that you can always go to the beach, visit safari & marine park (newly open at Jl. By Pass Prof. Dr. Ida Bagus Mantra), some diving up North, or try visiting Nusa Penida.

For whatever that is, this http://blog.baliwww.com will guide you to that desired experience.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for something different

Go north young man!!!

We spend a week in Amed each trip now as it is truly paradise. Very laid back, great snorkelling and diving. Close to the water palace and spectacular ocean ride driving. Ride in a jukung, enjoy a banana pancake and relax!

6. Re: Looking for something different

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 13, 2009