We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

manila
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

Preference is top quality beach front.

Please assist, thanks.

Currently the only hotel my agent has given me is the Grand Hyatt.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

hi lakerlove,

for that money actually you have quite a wide range. In Nusa Dua if you are a beach lover for swim in, you wouldn't be happy with grand hyatt, but if you don't mind about that this hotel is good, just renovated their lobby and some part of rooms. The area is huge. The best location for swim is in Nikko Bali at nusa dua, and Intercontinental at Jimbaran (but only the singaraja wing rooms that just renovated). For the hotels, Ritz Carlton, Karma Jimbaran, Four Season, The Oberoi.

hope it helps.

cheers,

marala

manila
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

I'm a beach lover more for sand and getting my feet wet...Most of the answers i've gotten for that is grand hyatt...now i'm confused..what's the diff?

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

hi lakerlove,

In that case the Grand Hyatt would be perfect for you! It's awesome actually, but not so good for swim in the front of it.

cheers,

marala

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

i stay at the grand hyatt and swim in the beach there. the staff keep the sand clean there are lots of sun lounges and the hotel is fantastic. i have just done a review of this hotel and i have included photos, you can see the inside of a renovated room. the renovations when i stayed there in july had a minimal effect. they were doing some paving and upgrading the conference rooms. the swimming pools and the area around the beach is very relaxing.

the hotel is top quality. the advantage of this hotel is it is within a very short walking distance of the bali collection (old name galleria) the other nusa dua hotels use the shuttle bus from the shopping centre.

manila
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

Thanks again for all your replies.

I will def book grand hyatt as per your advice.

Any special preference with regard to what kind of room, what floor, or view?? Anything else i should know when i book?

Thanks again, cheers.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

hi, the room i posted photos of was a refurbished room on the ground floor facing the ocean. you can get more expensive rooms but personally we are always happy in the type of room photographed. the hotel is very large it is divided up into 'villages' ie north south etc. if you want to have ocean views or be close to the beach just ask. there are also rooms which surround the 'balinese pool' this is very relaxing and pleasant. to be honest i have stayed in all of the different 'wings' but i don't mind a bit of a walk. my only preference was ground floor for my last stay as i don't like the idea of a room upstairs with a young child who could climb up on the balcony railing.

remember if you are allocated a room you are not happy with the ask to be moved. they are very accommodating.

you will be given a voucher for a free welcome drink which you can use at a number of different places. the salsa bar overlooking the ocean at sunset is ideal!

ps we take our duty free alcohol and buy coke etc from the nearby 'bali collection' shops this saves a lot of money instead of using the mini bar!

i will try and post some more photos with my hotel review today so you can see more of the hotel

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

sorry, forgot to mention get a taxi from the airport it is much cheaper than booking hotel transfers through your travel agent. exchange some money at the airport also the rate here is pretty good and better than you will get at nusa dua.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

the money changer at bali collection giving quite good exchange rate, and if you faced the nusa dua main gate, in the right side of you, you will find the central kuta money changer, their rate is better than a hotel and bali collection rate.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

note that money exchange rates anywhere in nusa dua are not as good as elsewhere. particularly low at bali collection. i never exchange money there. i travel to bali every year and stay all over bali and the rates in nusa dua have ALWAYS been lower. best places are kuta area, sanur, denpasar, and the airport is good particulary because you need some money to get started. hotel exchange rates are always amongst the lowest.

only ever use authorised money changers with no commission. shop around for the best rates and check their calculations, then count your money for yourself before you move away from the counter.

10. Re: hotel in the 250$ range, where should I stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, May 18, 2010