We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

for snookystraveltips

uk
Level Contributor
169 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
for snookystraveltips

hi-addressing this to you as you appear to know Bali really well

Glad that you rate the Hyatt in Sanur so highly as we're intending to stay there next year.

Please advise me if taxis and/or bemos are readily available in the evenings should we wish to go into Kuta and if so how long does the journey take?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: for snookystraveltips

Hi Devon lass,

Snooky must be enjoying her weekend so I'll answer on her behalf!

Usually bemos are used just to get around the main St in the Sanur area.

Taxis are readily available, I would suggest only using the Blue Bird taxi company as they are the most reliable and professional. You can hail them from the St and also order them by phone - the number is (0361) 701111

It costs about 3 - 4 pounds and takes from 20 - 30 mins to get to Kuta depending on the traffic.

If you are looking at exploring the dining, bar scene I also suggest you look at spending an evening Seminyak as this is the area where most of the great restaurants and bars are these days... (something at all price ranges) There are a lot of good restaurants in the Sanur area too (I live there so frequent them a lot!)

Hope this helps!

uk
Level Contributor
169 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: for snookystraveltips

Thank you BridgidE-this info is a great help.

We intend to go to Kuta for the shopping malls. From everything I've read about Sanur I think there will be enough restaurants for us there. But it seems that Kuta has a greater choice of shops.

Is Denpesar worth going to for the shopping?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,910 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: for snookystraveltips

hi, enjoy your stay, you will enjoy the hyatt and sanur. remember you can go to the grand hyatt on the hyatt shuttle bus and enjoy the facilities there also.

the bemos in sanur are for getting along the street in sanur and cost from 1000rp per person depending on distance travelled. getting around bali is very cheap by taxi or with a driver . have fun!!!

wish i could live in bali like bridget!!!!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,910 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: for snookystraveltips

hi, bali is fantastic for shopping. denpasar is not far from sanur, i paid about $7 AUD for a taxi there a few weeks ago. there is good shopping there. there are some larger department stores like ramayana and robinsons etc. there are also lots of shops selling gold jewellery. also markets. i am sure others will recommend other shops there as well.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: for snookystraveltips

Definitely Sanur - try the Mezzanine Restaurant its just outside the Puri Santrian hotel, as go to the Sanur Beach Bar, right on the beach its part of the Sanur Beach Hotel, swings for seats, happy hour around 6/630 and music,

Kuta would be my last place, UBUD is much better. Regardless where you go Kuta or UBUD, its much better to hire a driver/guide than just take a taxi. Driver/guide waits for you, also has some knowledge of the area and you could site see along the way. We have been to Bali, twice and have used Merta - driver/guide. Reasonable and very knowledgeable.

mertagct@telekom.net

6. Re: for snookystraveltips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 07, 2009