We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest driver in Bali

Chicago,IL
14 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest driver in Bali

I plan to rent a driver while I'm in Bali. Does anybody know the cheapest rates you can get for drivers for a day? Also what places should I higher my driver at? Thanks

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
428 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest driver in Bali

im interested too.im based in sanur

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,959 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest driver in Bali

hi, we just got back from 1 month in bali and we hired a number of drivers.

i could recommend the following 2 for good service and good prices.

whilst staying in nusa dua we used

Made.

mobile 08123603419

email

madejaman@yahoo.com.

he was very good had a good airconditioned car and spoke english well. we were happy to use him on more than 1 occasion and will use him again.

he only charged us 160 000rp for 8 hours which was cheap.

if you contact him mention you got this info from the couple from the sunshine coast who were buying furniture it should help you with prices. he can recomend places of interest, shopping etc without taking you to 'a friend etc etc' which can become anoying.

whilst in sanur we used made surata

mobile 081 747 96438.

very polite and prompt, only charged 200,000 max for a whole day. still very cheap.

these are good prices.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
428 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest driver in Bali

thanks very much for your help.i hopr you enjoyed your stay in bali,which im sur eu did.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest driver in Bali

hi all

there are many "drivers " in bali , if you just need wheels and not a guide , you can find people along the streets everywhere offering " transport " pretty cheap and you can also bargain with them .

hope this helps

cheers

batt

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest driver in Bali

The going rate for a licensed and insured driver is between 350,000 to 450,000 Rupiah/day.

If you only pay 160,000/Rups/day I suspect that your driver is definitely getting commissions on your shopping, furniture, restaurant bills etc. Otherwise it doesnt make sense for him to drive you.

A tank of petrol is around 130,000/Rupiah. He needs to feed himself, support his family and maintain his car as well probably buying a packet of cigarettes!

6. Re: Cheapest driver in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 06, 2009