We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt or Intercontinental in Bali?

USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hyatt or Intercontinental in Bali?

I am going to Bali in a month, and am choosing between the Intercontinental and the Hyatt. The price is about the same (Intercontinental is slightly more). Has anyone stayed at either and can give me an opinion??

Thailand
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt or Intercontinental in Bali?

Hi I guess you are referring to Grand Hyatt in Nusa Dua and not Bali Hyatt.

The advantages of Intercontinental are shortest distance to kuta and legian where the life is. Also it is a smaller property when compared to Grand Hyatt which is huge in fact the largest hotel in Bali.

On the other hand GH is located in Nusa Dua giving you the safest area to walk around especially if you have kids. Also their rooms have been recently renovated, not the case for Intercontinental.

Verdict : Grand Hyatt !

USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt or Intercontinental in Bali?

Thank you so much for the response. . . .

We are actually going for our honeymoon, and would prefer fewer kids. Are the rooms much nicer at the Grand Hyatt? What about the grounds (pool, beach, etc?) We plan to spend most of the time relaxing on the beach and by the pool, so safety is not a huge concern for us. . .

Thailand
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt or Intercontinental in Bali?

In this case Intercontinental is more ideal as it is quieter provided they do not have any large incentive group in house which might bring lot of life to the resort.

The Intercontinental rooms are still of a high standard.

just outside NYC
Level Contributor
315 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt or Intercontinental in Bali?

If it's your honeymoon why not look at some of the smaller boutique resorts listed on tripadvisor? There are so many options at the same price point where I would think your experience would be a bit more special. Read about Jimbaran Puri Bali -- or even the Ritz, which is further away from the airport if you want a "reliable" chain for about the same price. Or look at the Oberoi or The Legian in Seminyak. I've never understood the pull of the Intercontinental -- and I don't think you will really want to be in Nusa Dua which is a tourist enclave.

Also, consider spending some time in Ubud -- it's beautiful, walkable to shops, restaurants, etc.

USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt or Intercontinental in Bali?

Thank you for the advice. We are actually going to Four Seasons Sayan for 4 nights after Intercontinental, but have now looked into your suggestions and will stay in Jimbaran Puri Bali for 3 nights as well. Thanks for the suggestion!! So, we will do 4 nights Intercontinental, 3 nights Jimbaran Puri and then 4 nights at the Four Seasons.

Any other suggestions, please let us know! We are open!! :-)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,004 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt or Intercontinental in Bali?

hi, i just got back from my honeymoon and wedding in bali 2 days ago. we spent a month there and we stayed at the bali hyatt at sanur and also the grand hyatt at nusa dua (as well as other hotels)

the grand hyatt at nusa dua is beautiful.

we stayed in the newly renovated rooms. the pool, gardens, beach, rooms are great. couldn't fault any of it. there are heaps of pools and not many children. for example the balinese feature pool is so quiet you usually have it to yourself. you can't beat the facilities at this hotel. the Kriya spa has just opened (yes expensive) lots of restaurants huge beachfront, clean sand walk to bali collection shops and restaurants. highly recomended.

as for the bali hyatt at sanur it is an older hotel but has a certain charm that has us going back there every year. the gardens are beautiful and the beach is clean. yes the rooms are older but this in no way is a problem. the rooms are smaller than the rooms at the grand hyatt. there are 2 pools. once again not many kids. the advantage of staying here is the numerous shops restaurants etc you can walk to. there is also a paved footpath stretching the length of the beachfront.

the staff and service is exceptional at both hyatts. they have boutiques etc.

the grand hyatt is more expensive.

remember whichever one you book you can use the free shuttle bus to go between the two hotels and use the faciiities at both hotels.

i highly recommend both hyatt hotels.

7. Re: Hyatt or Intercontinental in Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, September 06, 2009