We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How best to book at Villa Kipas / Aman Putri / Sekar Taman?

San Francisco, CA
4 posts
Save Topic
How best to book at Villa Kipas / Aman Putri / Sekar Taman?

Hello all,

First, thanks to all of you who contribute so much advice to these forums! You're amazingly helpful to the rest of us trying to get a handle on Bali.

Quick question: based on advice on this forum, I am very interested in booking one of the Sekar Taman 2 villas in Seminyak for my honeymoon in late August. What's the best way to book these villas?

I'm a bit confused by the profusion of companies offering villas. "Bali Villas of Excellence" has been recommended by several forum regulars, but their website is down.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Sydney
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How best to book at Villa Kipas / Aman Putri / Sekar Taman?

Hi Seraphsf,

I have stayed at Villa Kipas a couple of times now and it is my absolute favourite villa. I have always booked direct via www.villakipas.com. I know this villa is booked out most of the time, but you can also book the other Sekar Taman villas via this same website. Good luck and enjoy.

San Francisco, CA
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How best to book at Villa Kipas / Aman Putri / Sekar Taman?

Thank you Seminyakisme. I have a quick follow-up question... I'm coming on a honeymoon, so we're very much looking for "pampering". The alternative is a 5-star hotel, where we can get room service and a concierge.

Is the private staff of Villa Kipas better / worse / the same, when compared to the service at a 5-star hotel? I don't mind paying for it, but I would like to have a "no hassle" experience with someone else arranging for romantic in-room meals and massages, hiring a driver, etc. I wonder if a fancy hotel (e.g. Ritz Carlton) might provide better service, even if the accomodations are less unique and less private. What do you think?

Thanks so much for your advice! It's really very much appreciated...

Sydney
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How best to book at Villa Kipas / Aman Putri / Sekar Taman?

Hi Again,

I think you do get a lot more privacy staying at a private villa. As for other services you are looking for, check when making your booking enquiries as to what can be organise for you. Most villas can organise in villa massages, in villa dining etc, cars with drivers etc. Also there are so many great restaurants in Seminyak it is a pleasure to go out for dinner.

We used to always stay at 5 star hotels, and found it was a hassle to get a sunlounge in the right spot by the pool, people would always reserve them early, no privacy etc etc. For a honeymoon I like the idea of a private pool, swim when you like, however you like..... Drink champagne in the pool naked if that takes your fancy.

Having now stayed in a number of villas I would not be going back to the hotel scene.

4. Re: How best to book at Villa Kipas / Aman Putri / Sekar Taman?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 05, 2009