We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver - Jimbaran to Pemuteran/Pemuteran to Amed

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Driver - Jimbaran to Pemuteran/Pemuteran to Amed

Hi,

I was interested in hiring a driver to provide tour/transport from Jimbaran to Pemuteran, 3 days later from Pemuteran to Amed and 3 days after that from Amed to Ubud.

I've emailed two drivers and haven't received a response. (Agung Dena at Balibestdriver.com and Dean)

Is this type of trip undesirable from an independent driver's perspective? Would it be better for me to arrange this with the hotel? (not my preference) Or is the problem that I'm a procrastinator and 3 weeks notice is not sufficient to get one of the popular drivers? Would they typically email their lack of availability or just not respond?

Thanks for the help

1. Re: Driver - Jimbaran to Pemuteran/Pemuteran to Amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:04 am, March 13, 2012
sydney
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver - Jimbaran to Pemuteran/Pemuteran to Amed

The most popular driver is

1) Dean

Mobile: +6281 8344 807

http://www.baliwithdean.blogspot.com/

2) I Nyoman Rusma of Meta Sari Transport

Tel: + 6281 2361 0391

Fax 62-361-975073

Very gentle man, careful driver. Very nice.

3) Putu Nastra:

Tel: +62 81 641 08497.

Former tour guide, speaks Spanish, knows his stuff.

Detail for for The drivers check the inside page

Here's a useful link:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-s1/Bali:Indon…

more link

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k425…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k649…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k425…

Happy travel

weather

3. Re: Driver - Jimbaran to Pemuteran/Pemuteran to Amed

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:28 am, June 27, 2007
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver - Jimbaran to Pemuteran/Pemuteran to Amed

Hi Rounddog, Check the thread on 'Eddy Kus - help with testimonials' that's recently up for feedback on him. My friend and I used Eddy in February to go from Sanur to Munduk, then the next day Eddy came up from Ubud to take us to Tejakula and back to Munduk, and the day after from Munduk to Candi Dasa, and the day after that from Candi Dasa to Ubud. So if available he may be interested in your trip, but I think the distances you want may be longer than ours. We dragged Eddy up from Ubud rather than use the hotel's local drivers as they were so expensive. We paid Eddy from his time from Ubud - about an hour and half each way plus time with us, and that was still less than the local drivers charged - apparently because as the hotel was somewhat isolated, the drivers could charge a premium which was usually accepted. But as we like Eddy, and it was more economic for us, and he was happy to do it, we chose to use him and let him have the benefit of the jobs. His email is findkus_usa@yahoo.com Good luck.

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver - Jimbaran to Pemuteran/Pemuteran to Amed

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I did contact Eddy and he was very responsive. He will be our driver to all destinations for us.

He has alot of good feedback in the forum so hopefully I will be able to add to it for him upon my return.

As a side note, did you you feel comfortable with his recommendations for shopping and dining? I know that some of the drivers take kickbacks and this compromises the quality/value of their recommendations.

(Leaving in 4 days - very exciting!)

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver - Jimbaran to Pemuteran/Pemuteran to Amed

Hi Rounddog, I'm happy Eddy was able to help you. He doesn't do kickbacks as he says this limits him with recommendations and he finds that keeping his clients happy more than makes up for steering them to a place for commission. I have seen places we go to look after Eddy in terms of drinks or a place to rest, but we have found that the places he takes us often don't have a lot of tourists anyway. Sometimes this means that the English is not so good, but then Eddy will help. He doesn't like to negotiate for you, as he usually doesn't want that responsibility, but he will findout if that's the best price available. He's taken us to jewellery, textile, stone, art galleries, and we've always been happy. If, however, you place an order to be freighted home later, and don't see the product, it's a good idea to ask Eddy to take a photo of the finished product - if it's a significant price - to email to you for approval. Just because with 2 languages, mis-communication can happen. Eddy also does product sourcing and freighting for a fee, so hes' familiar with the process. All this is based on my experience only, and others nay have different, equallly valid ideas.

Re dining: he does give good recommendations, but usually based on other tourists, including me, recommending them. He has been to a number of restaurants when clients take him, and obviously would be able to speak from experience on those, so you can always ask him the basis for his recommendation. If you know where you'll be going, check the TA for restaurants - there are lots of posts and do a search for Bali eats, and best restaurants in Bali and arm yourself too. Have a great trip. I look forward to your report.

7. Re: Driver - Jimbaran to Pemuteran/Pemuteran to Amed

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 03, 2009