We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re PURI ETNIK hotel in kuta.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
313 reviews
Save Topic
re PURI ETNIK hotel in kuta.

hi, has anybody got any information on the puri etnik? i know it is a ** hotel but if you know of it or have stayed here please let me know. thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re PURI ETNIK hotel in kuta.

Puri Etnik is a basic hotel with a decent pool. The rooms were renovated a few years ago and a quite good. Breakfast is a chioce of eggs, rice or noodles with juice and tea/coffee. Not huge but nice.

It is well located. You walk out the back gate to the beach. From Jl Melasti you walk down the lane to the bhotel. The lane going to the hotel is a bit long. While it didn't worry me walking there alone at night somke people have expressed concern It is lit up.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re PURI ETNIK hotel in kuta.

re Puri Etnik

we were booked in a deluxe room but when we arrived there was no 'deluxe room'. in fact I don't think any exist. The room we were taken to was the worst I had ever seen. It consisted of a filthy mattress and pillows, broken doors, leaking toilet, dirty semi outdoor bathroom with cold water, no towels, complete with a padlock on the front door giving it the true feeling of a jail cell. The next room was no better the 'swamp' surrounding the room was smelly and was the breeding ground to the many mosquitoes which called the room home.

Needless to say we gathered our luggage and headed for the nearest transport out of there!

Please don't stay here.

Pictures available on request.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re PURI ETNIK hotel in kuta.

The deluxe rooms are on the right hand side (all of it). The room you described is one of the cheap rooms. I used to stay inj them for $10 a night including breakfast. But I'm getting to old to rough it now. Thy had no right even suggesting those vrooms if you booked through a package. I hope you fed this info back to your agent.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: re PURI ETNIK hotel in kuta.

when we retuned home we did contact our agent who forwarded our complaint to qantas holidays. we expected a two star hotel nothing fancy just basic and clean but the 2 rooms we were offered were not fit to stay in. apart from terribly run down & dirty rooms with everything broken or about to break the mattress and pillows were so dirty and stained it was not fit for a dog bed, the pillow had extremely bad language written across it.

i don't understand how qantas could offer this hotel to people. they advertised this hotel in national newspapers.

we booked a deluxe room months in advance but when we got there our booking was not recognised even though it had been re-confirmed just prior to leaving.

the other 2 star hotels i have stayed at in bali come up looking like 5 star luxury compared to this place.

once again "please don't stay here"

5. Re: re PURI ETNIK hotel in kuta.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 04, 2009