We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding on the beach?

Linkoping, Sweden
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Horse riding on the beach?

It's a dream I have.. :)

I've seen pictures of it from Bali and I also found a website that offers it the other day..right now I can't remember which one it was..Does anybody reccomend a special company that does this and where I can contact them? Any special beach where they offer this?

We will be staying at Sanur beach, but I guess it won't be a problem to go to another one to do this, I'm sure it will be worth it ;)

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

hi reb

i used this company http://www.baliislandhorse.com/ in march , the ride went for 2 hrs , along the beach , through the rice fields and villages & back to the stables , then to lunch .

it was very good , very hot and veeeeeeeery long , if your not used to riding , the rump feels it !

1 of our guides spoke good english and the other spoke none ...and of coarse i got the one that didnt . there was only hubby and me and the 2 guides , who were very helpfull if your only a beginer.

hope this helps

batt

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

hi Rebz,

I have an info of the looooonger one than the Bat's :)) The Umalas at www.balionhorse.com

they have the 3 hours ride!!! In the morning or at noon for sunset... very nice. My clients were very happy with the sunset ride.

rgds,

marala

Linkoping, Sweden
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

Ah sunset tour sounds sooo nice :) And the rice fields sounds great too! Well we are both used to horses...but haven't gone for a while!! So it will be intresting hehe ;) Thanks for your help!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

Hi,

I have done the rice fields ride with Umalas (one hour) a long time ago and found it to way, way below expectations. I could have been our fault, but we thought that we would go through the rice fields, like walk on the edges or something, but we walked 90% - 95% on the ROADs next to the rice fields! We did go right into the rice fields for one bit, but, honestly, it was not long at all.

Was very disappointed as I love to ride and it was on my birthday. :-(

Battling, how was the horse ride through the rice fields?? Did you mainly go on the roads or the fields?

Rebz: I want to do riding in Scandinavia - I heard that you can do that to see the Northern Lights. Now that would be way cool.

Linkoping, Sweden
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

Hehe yeah horse riding is very popular here in Iceland, and the excursions companys do definitly offer northern lights tour during winter time-the horses we have here though, are ponys, so they are smaller than regular horses-since I am used to the bigger ones (grew up in Sweden) I would really want to take a tour on a 'real' horse-and what better place than Bali at sunset?? ;)

Does anyone know approx price for an 2-3 hour horse riding tour?

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

hi Rebz,

you may check the websites

www.balionhorse.com

www.baliislandhorse.com (I tryed to open this site, but then the trojan virus warning came up!!! Be careful!)

The price range is up to US$85/ 3 hourse ride.

rgds,

marala

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

hi jade du

well it was supposed t be a beach ride , i think we were on the beach for like 5 minutes , then through some rice fields probably about 20 minutes , but a lot of the ride was on roads , but through the local villages , we saw locals sitting in there little huts at the front of there places , kids at school and a lot more ...but i think they were more interested in us , all the motor bikes stopped in the rice fields to watch us ride and some to just let us past . the kids at school came running to the fence to wave at us and look at the horses , and as my rump was killing me , we stopped at a hut where a couple of ladies where sitting , when they realised we were pulling up to use there hut to get down with , they freaked when the horse went near them , but they were ohhh so lovely , getting us a bottle of water so we could have a drink .

we were right in the rice fields , not on roads along them , the horses were more interested in trying to eat the rice though ...lol

all in all , it was pretty good , just a bit to long for beginners or people who havent ridden for a long time !

hi marala

i havent seen you on here for ages , where have you been hiding ?

cheers

batt

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

ps

i forgot to mention this ride with our own transport was only US $35 including lunch .

our driver asked why we got it so cheap as most other places charge the US$80- $90 ...

i dont know why they are cheap ...but even still with pick up was only US$ 45

i think its worth every cent

batt

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

hi Michelle!

I was here and there LOL

A lot of job lately (good for me, hi...hi....hi...!)

And in the near future i'm planning to go some places that will make me relax....... on the beach, but not in Bali, maybe I'll go to Lombok and the Gilies :) I'll let you know then .....

rgds,

marala

sydney
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Horse riding on the beach?

Hi Folks

This link may Help

www.horse-riding.net/stables/Indonesia/

Also theres' another one in CANGGU , TARUKAN equstrian center

hellobalimagazine.com/pages/…this-month.php -