We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food places

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food places

Hi,

Me and my friend are coming to Bali for a few days at the end of July and staying in ubud. Can you recommend any breakfast& dinner places nearby with good views/atmosphere and good food?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
8 replies to this topic
Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food places

You can check out the restaurant section on the Ubud page...there you"ll find eateries close to your accom. Its a bit hard when we dont know your location in Ubud

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food places

Ubud is a huge district, please tell us exactly where you'll be staying (hotel name) for recommendations. Also let us know what you mean by "good" - great food at any price? great food at a moderate price?, good, cheap food? A budget per meal will really help us.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,581 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food places

As above. Depends where you are staying and when/where you will eat.

We quite like Tropical View on Jalan Monkey Forest (between Hanoman and the Monkey Forest itself) for afternoon snackette.

Also like Murnis at the other end of town.

Edited: 12:51 am, June 09, 2018
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Food places

Hi,

Staying in Jalan raya andong at the ubud tropical glamping.

Looking for healthy food at good prices any recommendations are useful thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Ubud Raya Resort
Ubud Raya Resort
183 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food places

If you turn right when you leave your hotel, you can walk down to Pepito supermarket, they have a little cafe and serve various types of foods + you can buy some supplies. You can also walk a little further to the big Delta Dewata supermarket for supplies that will probably be cheaper than Pepitos.

Turn left and you can walk to Kakiang cafe. Although I haven't been there, if it's as good as their branch in Pengosekan, it will be very good indeed. Great for cakes!

Neither of the above have good views although I'm not sure what is behind Kakiang.

Mentioned in this post
Pepito Cafe & Restaurant
Pepito Cafe & Restaurant
347 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food places

I've been to the Kakiang in Andong and the ambiance is actually better than the one in Pengosekan. I didn't notice if there was a view per se but it's a nice building. Kakiang in general is a big local favorite btw. Als, north of Andong at the top of Tegallalang is the lovely Kampung Kafe for meals with an airy leafy high up view. And if you go further south from Andong to the road leading to the Maya (turn left at the statue) is another big local favorite Mangga Madu.

You will also find lots of other local eateries just on your own of course. And if you get the chance Spa Hati is a very good spa that supports educational programs for local students.

Mentioned in this post
Kafe
Kafe
1,647 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
2,383 Reviews
Peliatan, Indonesia
Spa Hati
Spa Hati
72 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food places

A short drive up Andong into Tegalalang will offer lots of restaurants with views. D'Alas Warung is popular as is Kampung Cafe.

D'Atas Warung down Gunung Sari, a road across from the big statue, is very popular. The big statue is where you turn off Andong onto Jl Raya Ubud.

Mentioned in this post
Tegalalang
Tegalalang
Bali, Indonesia
d'Alas warung
d'Alas warung
321 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Kampung Cafe
Kampung Cafe
207 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Warung Indonesia
Warung Indonesia
935 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Ubud Raya Resort
Ubud Raya Resort
183 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
139 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food places

Hi Niamh M,

Maybe you can try Bebek Bengil or Bebek Tepi Sawah for good Balinese food and good ambiance.

Mentioned in this post
Bebek Bengil
Bebek Bengil
2,311 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Bebek Tepi Sawah
Bebek Tepi Sawah
1,231 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Reply to: Food places
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;