We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels at Kuta or Nusa Dua?

Hong Kong
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotels at Kuta or Nusa Dua?

I am planning a 4 days trip to Bali in May.

I have read some comments about hotels at Kuta, e.g. Bali Dynasty, Ramada Bintang Bali and Hard Rock Bali.

Those hotels are near the shopping centres and restaurants, but they look a bit old and small. Would it be very noisy at night? Some said the music from hard rock is on till 1:00a.m. at night.

We are 6 ppl in total. 2 of them are elderly. Would it be better if we stay in hotels at Nusa Dua?

Any good hotels suggestion?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels at Kuta or Nusa Dua?

If you are looking for a new big luxury hotel in Nusa Dua area I would recommend the Conrad - it's a beautiful design and a luxurious feel...

If you are from Hong Kong I don't know how interesting you find the larger Kuta mall/shopping centres anyhow.... if you are interested in buying local handicrafts you are better to take a day trip with a driver to Ubud and look at the boutique stores, markets and Handicrafts shops in Ubud and surrounding villages.

The Seminyak / Kerobakan area is where most of the better restaurants and more boutique type shops are located you could always take a cab or driver to explore this area.

The Padma Hotel is reasonably well kept and renovated but not 'new' if you are looking for something special I would recommend the Conrad.

Hong Kong
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels at Kuta or Nusa Dua?

Thanks BrigidE!!

Apart from Conrad, are Melia Bali Villas & Spa resort and Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & spa good too? Which one is better?

Would you please tell me more about Nusa Dua Area?

Any sight seeing places, shopping places, good restaurants?

hmmm ... Nusa dua area might be more relaxing and suitable for my parents.

Glendale, California
Level Contributor
125 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels at Kuta or Nusa Dua?

I think it depends on what you are looking for in your trip. We just returned from Bali - 4 days in Ubud and 7 in Nusa Dua. Nusa Dua, for me, was more of a beach holiday place. If shopping and eating are your main interests I would probably stay in Ubud.

If you do stay in Nusa Dua it's about a 30 minute cab ride to Seminyak where many of the good restaurants are - we did this a few nights from Nusa Dua.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels at Kuta or Nusa Dua?

I would like to throw in my votes for the Conrad as well. Stayed there last year for 4 dayswith my wife & daughter, everything was close to perfection..... Amazing pool, room amendities, security and beach access.

I did not eat too often at the hotel except for drinks & breakfast, too expensive. There are a couple of resturants at the main gate area[Nusa Dua] which provides free transport to&fro the hotel [5mins]. All you need to do is to give them a call and wait at the lobby.

perth
Level Contributor
391 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels at Kuta or Nusa Dua?

Have you looked at the Santika hotel in tuban

they have rooms/bungalows (bungalows come with a butler service) & afternoon tea every day.

lush green gardens 2 pools.

great restuarant3 actually and one is on the beach with a great sunset.

Kida are safe there and there is no noise at night time.

we have been going to bali for more than 20 years now we go with granparents and the 3 small kids and everyone loves it.

We had a look through the ramada last time sticky beeking and it was a mish mash of corridors and lifts....and you couldnt swing a cat in the rooms..

Oh and the santika bungalows have a great outdoor shower in them

hope this helps have a great time

6. Re: Hotels at Kuta or Nusa Dua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 30, 2009