We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

London, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

Which hotel to go for? I cant decide!! Hyatt is working out better value for money! But which ones is better?

And people i think im going to go mad working out Itenary!

Ok ive had a number of plans on how to go about the itenary! They are chaning every hour! Here is my latest one!

Well planning a trip to Bali and Singapore

heres my current plan!

Depart London

Arrive Singapore...stay over for 2 nights

then catch a Silk Air flight to Lombok for 6 nights

go back to Singapore for 1 night

Fly to Bali from Singapore for 12 nights...first six thinking of Sanur...as its more closer to Ubud and easy acess to North i feel?

Then the other six spend in Intercontintal at JB..

then 4 nights in Singapore before heading back home!

Ok people have i lost it now? I

Is ther an easier way to get to lombok? Or is ther any point in visiting Lombok? Now im thinking of spending time in just one hotel in Bali now..instead of two? i.e intercon or hyatt either one of them!

What to do peeopl!! Help!!! thanks!

North Wales/Chester
Level Contributor
583 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

Hi deeps,did you get your flight sorted out?

If so did you try my suggestions?(trailfinders,travelmood,flightcentre)

Your itinery sounds interesting,I would like to try Lombok,the beaches look better. Here is our trip if any help. One night stopover Singapore(works out nearly 2 full days plus time upon return). 4 nights at Jimbaran Puri,4 nights Alila Ubud then 5 nights Le Meridien Nirwana at Tanah Lot. I hope we have chosen a good balance for areas to experience Bali. Also doing 2 full days out with a hired driver and a Bali Hai cruise to Nusa Lembongan for snorkelling.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

Is there any particular reason you want to go to Lombok? other wise (especially if it is your first trip) I would just spend the whole time exploring Bali with perhaps a trip for a couple of nights over too Nusa Pendina/ Lembongan...

If you do want to get to Lombok it is much easier and cheaper to book a flight over here...

If you want to explore why don't you book an itinerary working your way up north and then finish in Jimbaran? you could also visit/ stay in - Ubud / Candidasa/ Amed/ Lovina.

Sanur is a great place to start from... the Hyatt has lovely beautiful grounds etc but as it was built in the 70's some of the rooms are getting a little bit tired... you could look at the Puri Santrian suites / club rooms as another possible Sanur option... they are a bit more 'boutique' in feel....

I always suggest people move around as much as possible - there are so many different aspects and areas to Bali to experience and explore (and it so much better having a base close to where you are exploring rather than on a 'day trip' ) And it is so easy and interesting to get from A to B as drivers and people 'to help' are in plentiful supply here!

All the best,

Brigid

London, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

hi people thanks for reply

glampuss im in the process of getting flights sorted...in the process of finding better deals. Well Singapore airlines website is charging £655 for flights from London to Singapore, Singapore to Bali and then Bali to London (Via Singapore)

so will shop around for better deal. though emirates flying to Singapore was cheaper...but then once i worked out flights from Singapore to Bali return it worked roughly the same price. And id rather fly with Singapore as ive flown with emirated before, and singapore is seen as the no1 airline lol. Not to mention the national carrier of Singapore as well as easy contection to and from Bali etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

yeah BrigidE im gona scrap the idea of Lombok....rather spend as much time in Bali as possible

North Wales/Chester
Level Contributor
583 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

deeps my friend booked through Malaysia Airlines with one touchdown at Kuala Lumpur,he paid £630

The price you have been quoted though I doubt you will get too much better,ours was £599 plus taxes with Trailfinders. Reason being the nearer you book to travelling the dearer it will be. We normally book 10/11 months in advance,this is when you will get the best deals. Unfortunately we had to make a late booking this time.

blackpool england
Level Contributor
129 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

get yourself up to lovina in the north check out my review below

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g469403-r675…

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,938 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

the bali hyatt is fantastic. i stay there each year. sanur is our favourite place in Bali, much quieter than the bustle of kuta etc yet it is so easy to get around from one place to the other. Sanur is a good choice to basse yourself if you only want one hotel.

the gardens at the hyatt are just beautiful,do a tour with the head gardener, and the beachfront position is quiet and relaxing. i have seen a lot of hotels there and stayed in quite a few, and the hyatt tops my list. Also try the grand hyatt at nusa dua (much newer and equally beautiful) maybe stay a few nights at each. there is a shuttle service between the two hotels so you enjoy both no matter which one you stay at. there is so much to see and do in Bali. Don't bother paying full price for tours etc. just hire yourself a driver and away you go. don't pay their asking price as it is always over priced. once you find a good driver they will take you anywhere.

you could also try villa parigata at sanur check their web site great position and good reviews. there are many places to stay in bali but it is good to stick with something that comes recomended as they are not always as they appear advertised. we will be in bali for another three weeks this june/july and have booked both hyatts!!

good luck. enjoy your trip.

8. Re: Intercontinental JB V Hyatt in Sanur.Help with Itenary PLS!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 30, 2009