We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Vacation

Incheon, South Korea
5 posts
Save Topic
Budget Vacation

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Bali in May or June of 2007. I'm travelling on a poor person's budget. haha. I'd like to spend $50-75 CDN/ night on a hotel. I want a clean room, air conditioning, hot water, pool, and access to the beach. Is this possible? We're staying for around 5 nights.

I'd like to be in an area in close proximity to some shopping and nightlife.

I know there are probably a million posts like this in the forums.

Thanks for your help.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Vacation

Legian is probably the best spot for you to stay - I would recommend the Kamala Pantai or else there is the Puri Damai - it's a new apartment type hotel that is really near the beach (and quite new so should be 'fresh' feeling - it is owned by the same woman who has the famous 'Mades Warung' and is close to shops clubs and nightlife..... http://puridamai.madeswarung.com/index.html

Hope this helps! (I'm not sure what CDN stands for!...)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Vacation

Hi. What is CDN? What is that in US$ or AUD$ so we can give you places in your price range.

Incheon, South Korea
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Vacation

CDN is Canadian dollars. US dollars are okay though. So less than 75 US/ night.

Thanks. I'm going to look into those hotels.

Does anyone else know of hotels?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Vacation

Hi, at first I guessed Canadian Dollars but then saw you were from South Korea so thought I must be wrong.

$50-75CDN is not considered budget in Bali. You can get good accom for that.

My idea of budget is $20-30 a night (what I say in) and you get a nice room, AC, TV, breakfrast, pool and within a km of the beach.

Look in Legian area (or Sanur if you like it a little quieter). Have a look at a few brochures (or online) to get aqn idea of what type of hotel appeals to you then post again. Legian/Seminyak have hundreds of hotels in your price range that are near the beach. There are loads of restaurant choices and shopping.

5. Re: Budget Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 27, 2009