We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cant decide, Kuta or Sanur

England
Level Contributor
258 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Cant decide, Kuta or Sanur

Hi all,

Im hoping to book my september holiday to Bali in the next couple of weeks & i cant decide whether to stay in Sanur or Kuta.

I know Sanur is quieter than Kuta & that doesnt bother me too much but i really dont want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no places for us to shop or eat in near by. I dont mind getting taxi's for half of our holiday but id rather not do it the whole time.

Can you tell me a little about each resort please?

If this helps, we went to Phuket last year and stayed in Kata as it was quieter. Im quite happy to be somewhere busier this year though as long as its not really noisy & dirty. Which place is prettier?

Also, if we decide to stay in Sanur, how much roughly would a cab be to Kuta?

The hotels we are thinking about are Sanur Paradise Plaza Hotel, The Inna Grand & Bali Dynasty Resort

Thanks in advance!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cant decide, Kuta or Sanur

I have to say that I much prefer Sanur to Kuta, there are plenty of shops and restaurants on Jalan Tamblingan and some great restaurants and a few bars directly on the beach. Night times are pretty quiet, most people just go for a late meal with a few drinks. Have often been the last one sat in a bar at 10:30pm! Beaches are quiet in Sanur, and it's less built up than Kuta.

I wouldn't say it's busier than Kata in Phuket, there are probably about the name number of shops/restaurants, but Sanur is quieter. The beach is certainly quieter, you're not sat there in rows like sardines! And it means you don't struggle to get a table in a restaurant, again unlike Kata.

England
Level Contributor
258 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cant decide, Kuta or Sanur

Thanks for that, it really helps to get peoples thoughts on a place to help you make a choice.

Sanur sounds perfect for us, we're not night owls on our holidays. Im usually in bed by 11pm!

Weekends at home, thats a different matter ......... ;)

13. Re: Cant decide, Kuta or Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 29, 2009