We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bali drivers / getting around

USA West
3 posts
Save Topic
bali drivers / getting around

just wondering how much U.S. dollars per day we should expect a driver to charge / we should pay...

also, is there usually time constraints or mileage constraints on that or are they available all day and to go to ubud, sanur and bukit and wherever else?

lastly, do we pay for their food as well and entrance fees if we do tours, & gasoline, etc?

not really sure where the line is drawn or how it works....please inform this bali rookies..thank you..

sydney
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bali drivers / getting around

Hi 1

Please check out this link

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k425…

The most popular driver is

1) Dean

Mobile: +6281 8344 807

2) I Nyoman Rusma of Meta Sari Transport

Tel: + 6281 2361 0391

Fax 62-361-975073

Very gentle man, careful driver. Very nice.

3) Putu Nastra:

Tel: +62 81 641 08497.

Former tour guide, speaks Spanish, knows his stuff.

Detail for for The drivers check the inside page

Send them e-mail to Find out

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-s1/Bali:Indon…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k649…

Happy travel

Cheers

2. Re: bali drivers / getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, March 25, 2007
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bali drivers / getting around

I copied this from the link given above: Just adding my recommendation for driver Eddy Kus who I've used for nearly 4 years each time I visit and who I've recommended to many friends who have been equally happy. Based in Ubud, he travels Bali wide, charges 350,000 for an 8-hour day unless driving to Jimbaran/Nusa Dua (for example) and back for pick up/drop off (then 400,000). Check out www.myspace.com/BaliExplore that I helped set up for him. Email on findkus_usa@yahoo.com He's personable, knowledgeable and honest. Eddy's also included on the Bali Inside page for drivers, transportation.

I'm just back from a trip that included 2 weeks in Bali and used Eddy extensively while there. He no longer has a job at the Three Monkeys and relies more now on driving/guiding. He tells me that has made him a 'little more negotiable', but as you know from Rob1's link, he still has costs to cover and family to feed. However, I was happy to pay his going rate and get the usual considerate attention. Eddy tells me he has had repeat work from Trip Advisor people - it would be good to see their recommendations on the forum too,

blackpool england
Level Contributor
129 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bali drivers / getting around

http://bali-driver.blogspot.com/

check out jero at his web address above i have used him several times and would not change driver.

you can email him for prices and any information direct from his website

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bali drivers / getting around

hi good fella

i finally replied to your private message , sorry it took so long but have been so busy in vietnam.

cheers

batt

california
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bali drivers / getting around

Every forum seems to have its favorite driver. Several people on TripAdvisor use Dean, Fodor's usually recommends Putu, and there's many, many others. I have used Putu Arnawa twice, most recently last week. His English is pretty good, he's well versed in all the temple ceremonies, cultural history and how to get anywhere. He will tailor your tour to your preferences including temples, trekking, shopping or whatever you prefer. He took us to a wedding and he supplied the sarongs and sashes needed to be appropriately dressed.

He pays all gas, carpark fees and his own food, but you pay entrance fees to temples, etc. There are no mileage constraints, but remember, most roads in Bali run north/south, so plan to group your daily sightseeing trips geographically. He will tell you which things go together well in one day.

Have a great time!

Roma
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bali drivers / getting around

Staying at the IRitzCarlton we bumped into a couple who had used a driver called Sila for three days and put us onto him. Unfortunately he was tied up the next day so we booked him for three days after that.

I guess everyone has experienced the hospitality of these wonderful people, but Sila was really exceptional. He really was a great guy to be with - not too much chatter and yet at the same time really out going when you asked for some information. We kept him one night as we wanted to go down to Jimbran beach for dinner - we said goodnight at around 8.30 but Sila remaind all smiles - quite unique.

His charge was USD 35 per day - that inculded everything but entrance fees to parks/temples etc. No restriction on milage or the hours that he clocked with you.

He really helped make our holiday memorable.

Roma
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bali drivers / getting around

Staying at the IRitzCarlton we bumped into a couple who had used a driver called Sila for three days and put us onto him. Unfortunately he was tied up the next day so we booked him for three days after that.

I guess everyone has experienced the hospitality of these wonderful people, but Sila was really exceptional. He really was a great guy to be with - not too much chatter and yet at the same time really out going when you asked for some information. We kept him one night as we wanted to go down to Jimbran beach for dinner - we said goodnight at around 8.30 but Sila remaind all smiles - quite unique.

His charge was USD 35 per day - that inculded everything but entrance fees to parks/temples etc. No restriction on milage or the hours that he clocked with you.

He really helped make our holiday memorable.

His e-mail is - <yomansila@dps.centrin.net.id>

9. Re: bali drivers / getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, August 29, 2009