We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SOS - help needed :)

Lisbon
1 post
Save Topic
SOS - help needed :)

Hi!

I've been reading previous posts and they have been quite helpful, thanks.

Me and my girlfriend are arriving in bali on the 16th of march, and we still haven't decided where to stay (that's why the SOS).

We'd like a romantic villa with a private pool but within reasonable distance of the beach and restaurants.

I've narrowed it down to these:

ALAM PURI VILLA - I think it' a bit isolated and it has no beach(ubud), but the photos are beautiful, no?

Novus Bali Villa - their site photos are really nice, but it has a outdoor tub instead of the sw pool

Bali Zen Villa - I like what I saw in their site, is sanur better or worse than semyniak and what do you think of these villas, they are the least expensive

Ratu Kharisma Villa - I really liked these ones, are they far from beaches and restaurants?

Dyana Villas - liked it also and seem to be near to the beach and restaurants

What do you think?

Thank you

Lázaro

Mentioned in this post
Nelayan Restaurant & Puri Bar
Nelayan Restaurant...
237 Reviews
Jimbaran, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Zen Resort Bali
Zen Resort Bali
592 Reviews
Seririt, Indonesia
Dyana Villas
Dyana Villas
368 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SOS - help needed :)

Hi Lazaro,

Unfortunately none of the Villas you have chosen are very near the beach at all.....!

Especially Ratu Kharisma Villa it is very, very out of the way... Dyana Villas is still nearly a km from the beach also... Sanur is very nice relaxing place (I live there!) but the Zen villas are no where near the beach .. they say 5 minutes but they must mean by fast car! There are lots of villas closer to the beach though... but maybe more than you want to spend?

How long are you here for ? What I would suggest is have a few nights in a villa (maybe in Ubud) then the rest of the time at a hotel right on the beach... or see if this villa is available - it is http://www.villasurati.com iI think it is a perfect spot for you .... really near the beach and restaurants and a really good rate $130 a night including tax and airport pick up etc.

A lot of the less expensive villas look nice in the pictures but are often on very small plots with big walls all around with no outlook so can be quite claustrophobic to stay in - that is why rural places like ubud are better as they are usually on a hillside and look out to lovely views....

If you really have your heart set on a villa a suggest looking at options in Canggu which is a bit more rural but has a nice beach and is not too far by car to seminyak

Mentioned in this post
Dyana Villas
Dyana Villas
368 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
The Zen Villas
The Zen Villas
276 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Canggu
Canggu
North Kuta, Indonesia
Singapore
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SOS - help needed :)

Hi,

Reading through your criteria, would you consider staying at the Seminyak area? There are several villas located there, and while they are not directly ON the beach, they are about 15 min (or 5 min taxi ride) away from the beach. And there are a lot of eateries at Seminyak that you can take your time to explore too.

I stayed at Heliconia Villas when I went there and was luckily upgraded to a 2-bedroom villa which a large pool. It was fantastic!

There are some other villas there too, like Villa Jodie and Ahimsa (sp?) just do a google search and you will be able to come up with some names.

Mentioned in this post
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Seminyak Beach...
2,241 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Heliconia Villas
Heliconia Villas
192 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
The Ahimsa
The Ahimsa
204 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SOS - help needed :)

Hi Lazaro,

If you are keen on the beach/top restaurant areas then have a look at he Oberoi precinct at Seminyak, and in particular The Eleysian (www.theeleysian.com) and Villa Kipas(www.villakipas.com). Kipas is a larger property and closest to the beach of all the villas in this area.

cheers.

Mentioned in this post
The Oberoi Bali
The Oberoi Bali
1,808 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
4. Re: SOS - help needed :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, August 27, 2009