We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on Arrival

Pahoa, Hawaii
1 post
Save Topic
Visa on Arrival

My hubby and I went in May of 2005 and loved every second of our trip! We want to go again but I heard the entry visa's were harder to obtain. Is it still VOA from the US? Just your passport, round trip ticket and a fee?

Please if anyone can illuminate, I really want to come back, and soon!

Sarah in Hawaii

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on Arrival

There hasn't been any change to the visa regulations. They are considering changing it from 30 days to 120 which would be great.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on Arrival

Are you able to tell me how much a 8 day visa is? Is it the same for children as for adults.

Thank you

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on Arrival

hi loades

yes all the same price .

8 day visa US$25

dont try and go for the 7 day one , they will get you on your way out !

cheers

batt

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on Arrival

I'm pretty sure Americans have to get their visa prior to coming to Indonesia..

(A petty thing between Indonesia and the US governments as the US charged its visa regs for Indonesian citizens since the terrorist events so Indonesia decided to do the same to US citizens!)

Your travel agent should be able to give you the info... maybe one of the forum members who has recently visited from the US can confirm?

just outside NYC
Level Contributor
315 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on Arrival

I'm american, just visited Bali in January 07, got my visa on arrival. My hotel confirmed this would be the case before we left.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa on Arrival

Hi,

I'm very glad to hear that ! - (I heard from people there was some prob's a few years back but maybe that's been resolved!)

Sorry for the misinformation!

Also just make sure you have 6 months left on your passport..

Glad your coming back!

Kawhia,New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa on Arrival

Hey Brigid E

We are going in june for 11 nights after 17 nights in thailand.

For kiwis its just a tourist visa at the airport isn't it?

We are staying 2 nights in Sanur at Parigata Villas resort,

2 nights in ubud in a hotel i can't spell and 7 nights at tuban at the Risata Bali-timeshare

Can't wait - never been to Asia before

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa on Arrival

Great! I'm sure you will have a ball!

Yes, it is just Visa on arrival ($25 USD) make sure you have 6 months left on your passport and don't lose the white departure card that they will put in your passport.

Let me know if you want any advise on Sanur etc!

All the best!

Brigid

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa on Arrival

Just collected my tickets today and was told if you go for 7 days or less the visa is now US$10 and up to 30 days US$25, you also need proof of a return or onward ticket. You need to fill in a white disembark / embark card document, half of which must be retained and presented when you depart. Don't lose this card.

10. Re: Visa on Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 am, August 28, 2009