We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenary help

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
33 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Itenary help

Hello after allot of reading i decided to go for the below itenary as I wish to avoid staying less than 2 nights in one place. Can you please let me know what you think of this itenary

Day 1: Jogjakarta Arrival

Day 2: Jogjakarta - Borobudur – Candirejo – Jogjakarta

Day 3: Jogjakarta – Prambanan – Sukuh & Cetoh Temples – Solo - Jogja

Day 4 : Jogjakarta – Flores Transfer to the airport for you flight to Flores.

Overnight Kelimutu EcoLodge

Day 5: Kelimutu

Day 6 : Ende – Labuan Bajo

Day 7 : Labuan Bajo - Ruteng

Day 8: Ruteng

Day 9: Ruteng - Labuan Bajo

Day 10 Labuan Bajo – Rinca – Komodo

Day 11: Komodo Island – Labuan Bajo

Day 12 : Labuan Bajo – Bali

Day 13- Bali

Day 14- Bali

Day 15 Bali

Day 16- Bali

Day 17- Bali

Day 18- Bali

Day 19- International Flight

During stay in Ruteng we intend to take tours tocara village,ranamese lake, crater lake, baran ,Liang Bua,and gunung ranaka.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sujati Bali Tour
Sightseeing Tours
Yogyakarta Voyage
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tyo Tour Service
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
858 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itenary help

My remarks:

Day 3 is too crowded. You cannot do Solo, Prambanan and the two Candi's on Lawu mountain in one day. Take more time or decide where your priorities lie.

Day 4: You do not make clear where you fly to, I suppose you intend to fly to Maumere on Flores. Remember that from there to Kelimutu is a 5 or 6 hour drive. I do not think there are direct flights between Yogya and Maumere, so this transfer will take up a full day.

Day 6 to 9: I do not understand why you go from Ende to Labuan Bajo and than back to Ruteng, as Ruteng is in between Ende and Labuan Bajo. You better stick to Ende - (Bajawa) - Ruteng - Labuan Bajo one way.

I was in Ruteng in August, but I do not remember any Tocara village, and am not sure what crater lake you are referring to.

Note that Ruteng tourism is pretty undeveloped, you may have a hard time finding tours to the places you mention, unless you travel backpacker style and find a local bringing you piggy-back on a motorbike. For more comfort you should buy your overland tour from Maumere to Labuan Bajo in Maumere. That means renting a car with driver for several days.

To get a clearer idea about things to do on Flores, I suggest you browse my Pulau Flores and linked pages on the Virtual Tourist website:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/129bf5/

Theo

Edited: 7:13 am, December 24, 2011
Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
33 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itenary help

hi and thanks for your fast reply.this itenary was suggested by a company in indonesia called exotissimo. They have been very patient arranging the itenary but now im confused to why they bt 2 nights in ruteng and re your comments of Ende. I am trying to find more local tour operators but they are not replying to my emails.

Also I do n ot wish to have one night stays as it is too much of a hassle.

We just been to vietnam, laos and cambodia and we had one night in hoain and one night in vientiane which we found tiring so for this t rip we wish to stick to at least 2 nights in one place.

If you can give me some suggestions to my itenary and to what i can see in each place i would be grateful.We are more after scenary and wild life and adventure rather than lots of temples.

Thaks in advance for your help.

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
33 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itenary help

Hi so would below make more sense?

Day 1: Jogjakarta Arrival

Day 2 Jogjakarta

Day 3 Jogjakarta

Day 4 : Jogjakarta – Flores-Maumere airport.

Overnight Kelimutu EcoLodge

Day 5: over night Kelimutu eco lodge

Day 6 : Kelimutu - Ende - Bajawa (overnight in bajawa)

Day 7 : Ruteng

Day 8: Ruteng - Labuan Bajo

Day 9 Labuan Bajo – Rinca – Komodo

Day 10: Komodo Island – Labuan Bajo

Day 11 : Labuan Bajo – Bali

Day 12- Bali

Day 13- Bali

Day 14 Bali

Day 15- Bali

Day 16- Bali

Day 17- Bali

Day 18- International Flight

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
4. Re: Itenary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 23, 2013