We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
22 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

I am planning a trip for 3 weeks to Indonesia next year in March. Does anyone have tips on what to see and what not to see? Am also looking for a nice and quiet NOT touristy place to relax on the beach for the last 4-5 days. Bali, somewhere else?

Tips anyone? Thanx!

jakarta
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

Indonesia is more than just Bali. But if Bali is your first priority then you can also visit some area nearby:

East Java : http://www.eastjava.com/tourism/

Lombok : http://www.lomboksumbawa.com/

and maybe visit komodo island.

If you like not touristy places, in Bali you can stay at East or North part of the island, In Lombok you won't need effort to find some virgin beaches.

And FYI, this place is amazing :

www.belitungisland.com/

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
22 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

Hi,

Thanx for your reply. I am not just planning to go to Bali. I meant Bali for the last 4-5 days for relaxing. We want to go to Jakarta, Yogjakarta, etc.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

Hi Irene,

What are your interests?

Climbing mountains.

National Parks.

Diving.

Trekking in the jungle looking for animals, plants and birds.

Architecture.

Temples.

Culture.

Living in an Indonesian family situation. i.e Cianjur Homestay.

Let me know and maybe I can suggest a few places.

Pamela

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
22 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

We like visiting cities and seeing culture, but we also like to see national parks, temples, take trips around the area, maybe on a bike or moped.

And also a couple of days at the end of the trip to relax on a beach which is quiet.

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

For culture and temples, you should not miss Prambanan and the Ramayana ballet (close to Yogyakarta).

Browse through my Java pages on Virtual Tourist (http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/)

and let me know if you have any specific questions.

Regards,

Theo

yogyakarta
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

you can explore the city on Java city of west Java to East Java with the use of cars and tour bali. so you can check on cities in Java such as Jakarta, bogor, bandung yogyakarta, Mount Bromo, and bali

Edited: 7:46 am, August 24, 2010
yogyakarta
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

you can explore the city on Java city of west Java to East Java with the use of cars and tour bali. so you can check on cities in Java such as Jakarta, bogor, bandung yogyakarta, Mount Bromo, and bali

8. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, January 05, 2012
San Diego...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

Kuta is the most touristy area in Bali so avoid it if you would like some place more quiet. Instead look into Nusa Dua and Sanur.

Definitely go to Yogyakarta. This used to be the capital before it was moved to Jakarta. When there go to Prambanan and Borobudur temples. Avoid the Water Castle. It may be an interesting place but they haven't kept it as well and you end up walking to some areas where locals live and you end up thinking, where is my guide taking me (if you opted for a guide) or end up being lost if you're on your own. lol.. I can recommend a good driver if you need one in Yogyakarta. I believe we paid about $45-50 for a day's use.

10. Re: trip to Indonesia for 3 weeks in March 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, May 06, 2011