We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation on Namtso Lake

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation on Namtso Lake

Hi,

I need some advise here.

I will be visiting the Namtso lake in June.

My agent was suggesting to stay in Sheep Hotel. We were also given the option of tents by the Lake.

Can anyone advise me which is a better option?

If you have another accommodation which you will recommend, please let me know. We will just need clean and basic accommodation.

Thanks in advance :)

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation on Namtso Lake

Hello,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Tibet!

I would suggest you to sleep in the lodge / hotel than sleeping in the tent. For me lodges / hotels are always a better option than sleeping in the tents.

Good Luck!

Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
810 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation on Namtso Lake

Welcome to TA

As Rhythm suggested, guesthouse is better than tent unless if you want to experience camping, all the guesthouses at Namtso lake are board house and Sheep hotel is also board house, so it is warmer than tent during night.

at the Namtso lake the accommodation and public toilets are more basic, so be mentally prepared.

If you have a lining sleeping bags is recommendable

Wish you have a nice experiences

3. Re: Accommodation on Namtso Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 15, 2015