We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

Which Lhasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

Hi I am planning on going to Tibet from Nepal in late December, around Christmas time. I have 3-4 days to spend. To get a permit I would need to find a least one travel buddy from the same country. I am from the US. Anyone has the same plan?

China
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

Now one person is no problem to get Tibet travel permit. You can able to visit Tibet by yourself.

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

i am interested in travelling late december, we could arrange something

Galway, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

let me know how you get on with prices etc.. if that's ok. i'm in Nepal from 19 December for 3-4 weeks and would love to visit Tibet if it works out ok.

4. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:46 am, December 31, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
23 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

We plan to travel to Tibet end of December as well. Would be great to do a tour together with you guys!

Los Angeles...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

I am thinking going to Tibet from 12/24 to 12/27. I am leaving Nepal on 12/28. I haven't been able to find out prices yet. I will ask a few agencies when I get to Pokhara.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

the best way travel to Tibet from Nepal is fly from Kathmandu to Chengdu, then fly to Tibet. After 3 or 4 days tour in Tibet, fly back to Kathmandu from Lhasa. It is easier to get Tibet visa in this way, receive Tibet visa in Chengdu, and airfare is cheaper. If you fly directly from Kathmandu to Lhasa, it is complicated to obtain Tibet visa in Nepal, and there is no guarantee.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

Now even you are a single traveler, you can get Tibet visa to travel to Tibet. You don't have to have a group to join in. Some of the answers above are outdated.

Singapore River...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

Hello, may I know how to apply Tibet visa without joining tour group, as I planing to take wedding photo there on oct 2014, my fiancé is holding Singapore passport.

10. Re: Travel buddies for Tibet for 3-4 days in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 28, 2014