We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tibete

Which Lhasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portugal Cove...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tibete

In August 2103 I will be in Macau and I would like to visit Tibete.Where can I find a good travel agency to organize a tour to Tibete from Macau or Hong kong? Any help is wellcome

thanks

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tibete

May be you can discuss with Nepali agents or Tibetan agents to arrange the trip from airport in TIbet if there are no agents in Macau. I have been to TIbet two times with a Nepali agent which was great. You can fly to Lhasa Gonggar Airport and someone will pick you up from there for the tour. That is what generally people do. They fly to Lhasa Airport and airport representative is there.

I know an agent from Kathmandu, please check your inbox for the recommendation.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tibete

Search the posted stuff in this forum for any china tour companies or Lhasa based local tour companies.

Hangzhou, Zhejiang...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tibete

I think you can search good travel agencies on line. Many of them have websites. Actually, many travel agencies in China can arrange tours in the whole China.

4. Re: Tibete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, May 15, 2013
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tibete

I have been to Tibet a few times and if you are able to find a good loca(Tibetan) guide you will have a better time. Do make sure that that they people you use can speak english well and are able to hire reliable drivers. If you ask them to give you the names of people who they have guided before they should be able to provide references. You can also contact Tibet Train Travel and request that they provide you with a Tibetan guide. Tashi Delek!

Guimaraes, Portugal
Level Contributor
253 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tibete

Maybe this helps:

tripadvisor.com/…41031030

tripadvisor.com/…37936841

7. Re: Tibete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 16, 2014