We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 people, different passports, can we now travel together?

Which Lhasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
2 people, different passports, can we now travel together?

I read TA posts about April 2013 permit regulations updates with interest.

Do I understand correctly that 2 people of different nationaliity (each holding a different passport) can now get permits and travel together in Tibet, if they arrange the same organized trip via an agent?

My husband and I have different nationalities and have been wanting to visit Tibet for more than a year! Can someone please confirm?

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 people, different passports, can we now travel together?

Yes. but better be with a marriage license of high quanlity and find a competent agent :)

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,687 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 people, different passports, can we now travel together?

Ya. Now seems to be allowed to travel in two with different nationality.

Good Luck

Rongpuk

Save Reply
3. Re: 2 people, different passports, can we now travel together?

can i join?

Is expected in July ,

im Chinese

Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 people, different passports, can we now travel together?

Are you carrying this marriage certificate issue by your authority?

if yes then it will definitely work.

Lhasa
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 people, different passports, can we now travel together?

The policy on Tibet permit 2013 or Tibet visa has been changed since March, 2013. The limitation on nationality and number of travellers in a tour group has been removed. So you can apply for Tibet permit EASILY even you travel alone. No worry about travel mates, no worry about Tibet permit. Just go!!! Do not miss the great chance!

6. Re: 2 people, different passports, can we now travel together?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 29, 2014