We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

Isle of Man, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

Hi everyone, me and my friend are looking for 2 people to join us for a 12 days trip in tibet. I have got quotation for a 12 days tour and now hoping to find two more people to share the cost.

Here is the itinerary for the 12 days tour:

Lhasa-Namtso Lake-Tsedang-Yamdrok Lake - Karula Glacier - Gyantse-Shigatse- Sakya-Tingri - Everest Base Camp(camping for a night) then leave at Zhangmu / Kodari Nepal’s border town to Kathmandu

We are uni students and our budget is a bit tight, so we are planning to stay at hostel/camping. We are flexible on the date of the trip and we are open to options for any similar itinerary. Please do drop a line if you are interested or message me for details.

Mentioned in this post
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
Shigatse
Shigatse
Tibet, China
Tingri County
Tingri County
Tibet, China
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
San Francisco
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

Hello, I have my flights booked landing in Lhasa at 12:00 on August the 2nd and leaving at 08:00 on August 6th. I am still waiting on my permit but I am told I should get it on the 1st. I hope!!

Anyway, if you are still interested in joining up please let me know because as of now I am by myself and am paying around 4000RMB and it would drop a bit if others joined. Or I could join a group you already have planned. Either way is fine with me. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
South Africa
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

I am in a similar position...arriving on 14 August, tour starts on 15 August and we leave by train on 22 August...anyone interested in joining us with Spinn Cafe??

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

Hi if you don't mind please let me know how it all went , i am planing something similar in Sept maybe with Spinn as well but need to share , i am also looking for partners.

Regards

South Africa
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

Hi there

We have just arrived back from China. The Tibet section of our travels went very well, but only because of the help of Kong at Spinn cafe. He was terrific and helped us beyond the call of duty by arranging train tickets for us and changing the chedule when we were held up for a day...nothing seems to be too much trouble for Kong and he speaks fluent english which is a huge help. It also helps to have a freindly face in Lhasa who you can ask about anything, from the restaurants to local prices etc. I can not reccomend Spinn Cafe highly enough...thanks Kong for all your help and freindship...long may you prosper.

Have a great trip.

Best regards

Simon

Mentioned in this post
Tibet
Tibet
China
Lhasa
Lhasa
Tibet, China
25. Re: Looking for partners for a Lhasa Overland tour in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 30, 2012