We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

Which Nanjing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

Hi,

I'll go to Nanjing from Shanghai. How can I get there? Which way is the fastest and most comfortable way? And which area should I stay in Nanjing? Is Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel & Towers convenient? Any sight-seeing place I must go? I'll stay in Nanjing for 3 days. Many appreciated if anyone can help.

Thanks a lot!

Angel

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

The best way for Shanghai -- Nanjing would be by train. The T trains would be the best. If you could tell me what time of day you prefer to be going, I could list which trains would be the best for your timing.

My pet recommendation for a nice, centrally-located hotel of 4-star standard in Nanjing would be New Era Hotel. I've personally stayed there before in July and really enjoyed it.

It's a pity that the Nanjing Massacre Memorial is closed till December 2007, but there're still many sights worth visiting. What are your sightseeing interests and preferences like?

HK
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

Ellyse,

Thanks for your prompt reply! I appreciated it so much! I m going from SH to NJ on 9 March probably in morning time. I chose Sheraton is cus I can redeem the hotel from Asiamiles. Do you think the location and cleaniness of the hotel is worth to stay? Too bad that can't go to the memorial..... sigh... i'll only stay for 3 days... anymore recommendation? My hometown is nanjing but i never been to there.... so.... the feeling is so good.... thanks a lot!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

Shanghai -- Nanjing:

T702 (0808--1040) 2h32min

T704 (0830--1047) 2h17min

T706 (0837--1054) 2h17min

T708 (0844--1113) 2h29min

T710 (0901--1133) 2h32min

Sightseeing recommendations: Fuzimiao area, Sun Yat-Sen Mausoleum, tomb of 1st Ming emperor, Linggu Temple, Presidential Palace and Xu Garden, Taiping Heavenly Kingdom and Zhan Garden, Jiming Temple, Nanjing Museum etc.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

BTW, let me know if you'd like to meet up in Shanghai before heading to Nanjing. :)

HK
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

Ellyse,

Many thanks for your info. It's so useful. I'll stay in Westin hotel in Shanghai on next week. Maybe, you can send me email and tell me the contact no. or email. And also, can you send me the sight seeing places in chinese? Because I can't understand most of the places! hahaha... thanks a lot! My email is muily@mindless.com

=)

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

No problem, have just emailed you. :)

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

Are you travelling with luggage, if so the train is not easy.

At 9am and 2pm every day a Businessmens, luxury bus leaves opposite the Rainbow Hotel at Hong Quiao, there is a sign and a ticket sell shop and a waiting lounge.

The ticket will cost you 88rmb. The bus will not be crowded you will probably have a spare seat beside you.

The bus will take 3 hours, your lauggage ges under the bus.

The 1st stop is the Metro Park hotel, previously the Hilton in Nanjing, definitely a much nicer location than the Sheraton.

The second stop is the Jingling Hotel.

Jinglin is very good location but has VERY hard beds.

Most tourists are disappointed with the location of the Sheraton.

From the Metro park you can easily walk to view the City wall and are right next door to the Nanjing Museum, one of the best Museums in China.

You absolutely must go and see the Lion Gate Hill Pagoda.

Roermond
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

Hi, I stayed in the Jingling Resort Hotel in Nanjing last March 2007.

Indeed hard beds but you wouldn’t notice when you sleep. It is very comfortable to sleep in.

The hotel is lying (watch it!: the Jingling Resort!) not in the near centre of the city. However the Jingling has five hotels in Nanjing.

The hotel will give you “Elite points” to earn a free night for the future.

For any more comments and pictures. Please contact me on: veld.can@hetnet.nl

Regards,

Twan

9. Re: Going to Najing soon, plz kindly help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 29, 2009