We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katetam~ help!

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Leandro...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Katetam~ help!

Dear Katetam

I am going to Hong Kong with a 2years old son. only two of us. Could you recommend the hotel for us?

I am thinking about Hotel Kowloon, Ashley Apratments, Renaissance Kowloon. I looked at the map and realized the Renaissance Kowloon is little far from the Ocean terminal and the busy street. Do you think the Renaissance Kowloon is close enough to in and out to change diapers etc... while we are shopping and dining?

Also I looked at the photos of Ashley apartment, if I get the deluxe room, is it better than standard room in Hotel Kowloon?

eveyone said that rooms in Hotel Kowloon is as small as the business hotel in tokyo, it this true? please recommend me good one~

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Katetam~ help!

hi vicmom,

coming to HK with a toddler by yourself.... I would definitely plan it well.

The hotel you mentioned:

It's Kowloon Hotel- yes, the rooms are small. I advise against you staying there if you have a small child. You need more space, just for the luggage, the necessities, to move around, and the stroller (if you are bringing one).....

REnaissance Kowloon- I like this hotel, and I have many friends who stay there with their young kids. Affordable price, decent room size, good service. It's farther , but not that far b/c it's all connected by the underground tunnel and subway exits. It's really just walking across the street. I think for its price, and less crowded area, I like this place. Changing diaper, I wouldn't worry too much. If you are going to be in Ocean Terminal, they have baby changing facilities in the Kid's area.... I go there all the time, it's very clean and convenient.

Ashley apartment, it's nice, and it's better than Kowloon Hotel in the way it's newer. The location is almost the same, Ashley road is all restaurants and dining options, but NOT really suitable for you and a young child as the restaurants in that area are not that baby friendly in my opinion.

I highly recommend you consider Marco Polo Hong Kong, it would be very convenient for you as it's connected to Ocean Terminal, and room size is good.

I also think you can consider Renaissance Kowloon.

2. Re: Katetam~ help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, August 26, 2009