We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights from Toronto to HK?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap flights from Toronto to HK?

I was wondering if there were any airlines that typically have cheaper flights from Toronto to HK? We'll be flying in January 2007 (Jan 4 - Jan 20). Are there any cheaper flights from Buffalo? Flying out from Buffalo might be a possibility.

TIA!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,339 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flights from Toronto to HK?

Airlines that might be cheaper than Cathay and Air Canada that you might consider will likely require more stops. My business associates fly in from NYC on China Air frequently. You can also consider some of the other Taiwanese or Korean airlines.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap flights from Toronto to HK?

I personally know how expensive it is from YYZ-HKG, but I have done alot of research and have figured out a way to get there cheap, and theres no flights from Buffalo. So your going to take Zoom Airlines from Toronto-London Gatwick that will cost around $648.00, then your going to have to connect too Oasis Hong Kong airlines a new budget airline to Hong Kong. This flight will cost you around 655.00 per person. Now thats the complex travel plan which you will probibly have to leave a few days before just to complete, but if this isnt really what you had in mind. I would definitly recomend just taking Cathay its almost the same price as Air Canada and the quality of your flight will be so much better, and if your in a rush go direct Air Canada to Hong Kong. Those are the best ways to get there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap flights from Toronto to HK?

Start with www.mobissimo.com or www.kayak.com

Your dates for BUF to HKG presently show Cdn$1346.97 with 2 stops.

Flying from New York or LAX can be cheaper but only if you can find a cheap discount US carrier to get you there. For example, from LAX to HKG is cheaper at Cdn$1067.45 with one stop. For getting from BUF to the LAX area try JetBlue, AirTran, or Southwest. Surprisingly, sometimes flying out of Houston, Atlanta, or Las Vegas will be even cheaper than out of LAX. But that is a lot of work (and sometimes costly in travel time) to save Cdn$100-200 per ticket.

Mobissimo gives you direct currency conversion but Kayak.com also shows you multiple airports as well as price trends.

However, for any international flight which is subject to IATA tariffs, nothing can compete with a knowledgeable travel agent who specializes in your destination as they can often obtain discounted fares for you which can be cheaper than the best on-line discount or cheapest "consolidator or bucket shop" pricing. (IATA tariffs prohibit airlines from selling direct to the public airfares below a set tariff; however nothing stops airlines from selling to high volume travel agents at those prices and then paying the agent a substantial "commission" which the agent can then use to discount the fare for the customer.)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap flights from Toronto to HK?

And here's a couple of handy web resources for checking out flight schedules:

"FYI, there's another web that you might want to check it out. www.amadeus.net/home/index_toplevel.htm

Many travel agents I know use this web site for references."

Credit to poster Cbangkok.

airtimetable.com/lowfare_airline_locator.asp

http://www.airlineroutemaps.com/

Credit to poster DarthAnonymous

5. Re: Cheap flights from Toronto to HK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 21, 2009