We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

custom made outfits

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
custom made outfits

Hello

Anyone know of any good tailors around NorthPoint on HK island? Do you know what the procedures are to get it done..ie. do you pay upfront? And how long it takes? And cost?

What about bringing over something to get replicated?

Many thanks

Joewell

Atlanta, GA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: custom made outfits

I have purchased from Cosmo Circle Custom Tailors on a number of occasions. They are located in the mini-mall attached to the Sheraton hotel. Andy Chan is the Managing Director. Their shop is small, like all the tailors ther, but their customer service is huge! I find their prices to be at or below most other area tailors, while their quality is tops. I greatly prefer them to the two tailors I quit using (US & Singapore).

Once a year, Andy makes a trip throughout North America to a number of major cities. You can meet him at one of his stops to see the latest materials, get re-measured, and to place orders. They ship them via regular mail in about 3 weeks after his visit.

When in HK, they can usually have a suit or shirts made within 48 hours, but 72-96 is preferred. Payment is usually at time of order, as they cannot resell the custom made clothing.

I have never asked about replicating existing clothing, but they could probably do it.

One idea for you - if you are having a suit made, have them make a second pair of slacks. Since most people typically hang their jacket up for much of the day, the slacks are what wears out first. So I rotate my two pair of slacks with my jacket, and the overall suit lasts twice as long!

Enjoy HK!

- Mike

2. Re: custom made outfits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 18, 2009