We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shenzhen

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Shenzhen

I will be in Hong Kong and would like to take a day trip to Shenzhen.

1.Do I need a Visa for the day (I am an Australian citizen)?? How long does it take to get a Visa and where/when do I get it if required??

2. What is the easiest way to get there?? How long /Home much does it cost for the train??

3. What is the best market to visit once there??

Thanks for your help!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
509 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shenzhen

Question for Ron_Aus, did it save you much time/hassel once in Shenzhen because you already had your visa?

I wouldn't mind getting a visa before hand but the embassy is only open 9am-12pm Mon - Fri but I work fulltime and can't make it in there. For an extra $10 they can do it via mail but I don't like the idea of posting my visa. Did u do it via mail?

South Australia
Level Contributor
726 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shenzhen

You are lucky Danni, at least you have an embassy in your state. I live in SA and have to get the passport to Canberra as we are also going into mainland China. We have to pay $60 for a courier to do it!

13. Re: Shenzhen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 pm, August 25, 2009