We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day of the week & time of day to visit Victoria Peak?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best day of the week & time of day to visit Victoria Peak?

I'll be in Hong Kong in a few weeks and I have a few questions about Victoria Peak:

What days of the week are best to visit the Peak to avoid long waits for the cable car?

What time of day is best to avoid long waits and to get the best visibility?

I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to go late afternoon so we can watch the sunset and see the city at night as well as during the day? However, I don't think we won't to spend that much time up at the top so if we can only choose one, is day or night better?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best day of the week & time of day to visit Victoria Peak?

yes late afternoon would be great also mid week

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best day of the week & time of day to visit Victoria Peak?

Can you use the Octopus card for the fare on the peak tram! or is it. Ot covered under this scheme.

Thanks

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,414 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best day of the week & time of day to visit Victoria Peak?

Yes, you can use Octopus Card for fare payment on the Peak Tram;

http://tinyurl.com/khrkm3l

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best day of the week & time of day to visit Victoria Peak?

The mid week and in late afternoon are the best time to visit .

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best day of the week & time of day to visit Victoria Peak?

Late afternoon, any day of the week will have queues. To avoid queues, go before 10:30ish on weekdays, earlier on weekends. I've read in these forums that in the evening (past 20:00) the queues are also short - never tried this myself.

Octopus works fine. $28 when you go up; $12 when you go down (normal return $40). Don't worry about the displayed fare when going down - it automatically changes when you present your octopus card, as the reader sees you went up as well. This way you also get the $40 discount fare (instead of $45 full fare) for the Peak Tower viewing terrace (which also takes Octopus).

For visibility: sometimes the clouds are low, and The Peak is in the clouds. If the top of IFC-2 (a little lower than The Peak) is in the clouds, or you can't see the Peak Tower (this one is harder - you need to know what to look for) it's not worth going. Best views are in general shortly after rain, as the air has been washed clean.

6. Re: Best day of the week & time of day to visit Victoria Peak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 23, 2015