We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kobe beef in Hong Kong - what restaurants?

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Kobe beef in Hong Kong - what restaurants?

Will be in Hong Kong early next year and I am aware that Kobe beef has been exported to Hong Kong for about 2 years now. I was wondering which restaurants we should consider for a true Kobe beef experience?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kobe beef in Hong Kong - what restaurants?

Hi,

Nobu and HonJin.

The first Kobe reached HK on July18: 07/18/2012

Edited: 9:19 am, April 20, 2014
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,314 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kobe beef in Hong Kong - what restaurants?

A couple of suggestions that aren't hotel places:

www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm…

www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm…

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kobe beef in Hong Kong - what restaurants?

But Wa San Mai is not Kobe beef-they are using Saga beef

And as for Hana Sakazuki-- we like to say not all grapes are Cabernet, and not all Wagyu is Kobe.

Basically, Wagyu is a breed of Japanese cattle, whereas Kobe is not a breed but the beef from THE Tajima cattle, i.e Wagyu cattle that are bred, born and raised in the Kobe Prefecture of Japan and regulated by the Japanese government.

Wagyu" or Japanese cattle is divided into four breeds – Japanese Black, Japanese Brown, Japanese Poll, and Japanese Shorthorn. Tajima-gyu cows from which Kobe beef comes from are classified as belonging to the Japanese Black breed.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kobe beef in Hong Kong - what restaurants?

Wa En has excellent japanese beef. It is one of my favorite restaurant. The beef will melt in your mouth. not Cheap though...

5. Re: Kobe beef in Hong Kong - what restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 23, 2015