We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current cost of S4 at ...

Wellington, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
Current cost of S4 at ...

Hello

Can anyone tell me or indicate as to what the current price is of an S4 at Fortress or Broadway? I've checked there websites and it either doesn't state a price or it's not in english. Any help is much appreciated. Heading to HK during the last week of February and just checking to see if I should wait or buy here in NZ.

Thanks

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

you mean like this one?

broadway.com.hk/content/i9505-galaxy-s4-bk

it says right at the bottom hkd 4698

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,027 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

Just check the Apple website. Change country to HK (bottom of the page)

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

Y' mean Samsung website? :-) Be aware, there may be warranty issues.

Edited: 5:44 pm, February 03, 2014
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3,116 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

Ohhhhhh....Samsung! I thought this was just a dyslectic reference to the Apple 4S. Live and learn.....

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

Now that I'm not rushing off to work :-). You should do a search on this site for "warranty". Unless you change your phone every year maybe. Because many warranties in Hong Kong are either only local, or if international then still return to shop. That's just off the top of my head, so that's why I suggested you search.

Wellington, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

Thanks for the replies. Will definitely look at the warranty side of things and decide whether it justifies the $150 odd saving. Could anyone recommend other reputable stores in HK where i could buy the S4 for cheaper?

Thanks again

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

"Could anyone recommend other reputable stores in HK where i could buy the S4 for cheaper? "

No though people with more savvy about electronics will no doubt have ideas. Just have a look at the sticky on the right-hand side about where not to shop.

Start here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k376…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

isnt S5 coming out soon?as soon as S5 is out S4's price will dive.

Dealers who we label as "trustworthy" here will be the big, chained stores, which means prices will be pretty much standardized.

The ones that one get from that are cheaper, will not be considered "reputable" in this forum.

Like my new phone (note 3) bought from a dealer in a Cheung sha wan wholesaler, but they won't sell to walk in customers.

I saved $800 off retail price.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,543 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

Obviously not on Nathan Road!

You may try Sincere Podium 先達廣場. BUT

What is the price in AUS?

Do you know about the different variants of the S4? If you are looking for the LTE version, be aware that the HK version supports a different set of network bands. Maybe it is worth checking which frequencies your home operator does support.

Besides that point, you cannot be sure always to get a HK version at the stores Sincere house. Check this carefully. Chine mainland versions are no fun, because often without Google Play store support.

Be aware, there is in fact no warranty for you when buying in HK. New charger or adapter might be required.

Wellington, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Current cost of S4 at ...

Thanks guys, i think based on your comments i maybe better off buying it here in NZ. Currently costs NZ$899 or $690 from a parrallel importer, but with the warranty that comes with it and peace of mind i think paying the extra will be fine.

Thanks