We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Hong Kong

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Manila...
Level Contributor
37 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Hong Kong

Hi everyone! We will be in HK for 5 days- arriving very early on the 1st day (we arrive at 7:40AM, and flight leaves 7:30PM on the 5th day.

Kindly take a look at our itinerary and I'd appreciate your comments. Traveling with my husband and 3year old daughter so I made sure we have a lot of down times for her to rest.

1st Day: 10AM arrival at the hotel. Leave luggage. We'd be lucky if we will be allowed to check in that early, so let's say we don't, from 10AM to the time of check-in, I plan for us to just have lunch at Fu sing, go to Victoria park and shop around Causeway Bay.

2PM-5PM rest at the hotel

5PM -8PM go to Tim ho wan, shop at Central

8PM dinner at Lin heung or Ebeneezer's

2nd Day: 10AM breakfast at 18grams

Proceed to Ngongping and shop at City Gate after (don't have place for lunch yet)

4 or 5PM go to The Peak

Have some noodles at Mak's

Either go back to the hotel or proceed to Yardbird for dinner

8PM- shop at nearby mall around Causeway bay till closing time (while hubby and toddler wait at the hotel)

3rd Day: for the past few times we've been to HK, we always stayed at Causeway bay so I planned for us to go take the ferry to Kowloon on our 3rd day, I initially planned to go in the morning but we want to stay till the symphony of lights which is at 8PM so morning till 8PM with my 3 year old might not be good idea (we're not bringing our stroller). Would 6 hours be enough to walk around the Tsim Tsa Tsui promenade? I want us to have tea at the Peninsula but I am not sure if I can take the 2 hours queue only to enjoy the tea for half an hour.

4th-5th Day: My daughter's 3rd birthday :) checking out at Causeway Bay and moving to Disneyland Hotel to make it more special for her. We got a 2- day pass as we know we won't be able to stay at the park the whole time on the first day.

5th day- Disneyland from 10AM-3PM. We have to be at the airport by 4:30PM for our 7:30PM flight.

Is it worth it to squeeze in a day for Ocean Park? I know the rides are catered for older kids and we have to dedicate an entire day for it. I thought of just bringing my daughter there when she's 5 or 7 but now that it's just a few days before the trip, I'm having second thoughts. Should we move the Kowloon trip to 1st day so we can still do Ocean Park? I know that would be less shopping time for me, but what do you think?

Thanks in advance and sorry I bored you with the details :)

Loren

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Hong Kong

You can do your shopping in Tsim Sha Tsui on Day 1 after leaving the luggage with the hotel then take the Star Ferry to Central or Wanchai at night. Tsim Sha Tsui is just as good as Causeway Bay for shopping.

Your "Kowloon Day" can be free for Ocean Park and more shopping in Causeway Bay afterwards.

Edited: 9:42 am, January 04, 2014
j n
HKG
Level Contributor
141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Hong Kong

Six hours is more than enough walking around the tst promenade. The light show is on every night at 8 so you may be able to squeeze it in on another night if you wish.

In the winter months it gets dark a bit earlier and you might be able to see the waterfront lit up at an earlier time and avoid the big crowds that come in to see the lights on a separate dat. Just something to consider.

Also, in TST there are plenty of places in Ocean Terminal for you to sit around and rest while you wait for the symphony of lights. If you have time check out Kowloon park which is quite close to Ocean Terminal.

If you're not into the rides at ocean park you can come in later in the day (but before noon) and just take your daughter to see the panda's and the animal exhibits at ocean park as well as the sea lion and bird shows.

Manila, Manila...
Level Contributor
37 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in Hong Kong

thank you!

4. Re: 5 days in Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 06, 2015