We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for a Sunday?

Oxford
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for a Sunday?

I'll be travelling to HK with work and my flight lands at 7am on a Sunday. Staying at the East Hotel (near quarry bay) so will make my way there and drop my bag, depending on jet lag have a quick snooze. I'll have the rest of Sunday to myself so am wondering what would be the best things to do to see a bit of HK and make the most of my day (will be working for the rest of my trip but will have evenings free).

Was thinking of getting the ferry across to TST and having a wander around. Would it be worth doing the Peak on a Sunday or maybe after work one evening? It's my first trip to HK so any ideas welcome, I've had a browse at the HK attractions on here and may stop off on the way for a walk say round HK park near Central.

Thanks

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for a Sunday?

Sunday is a bit of a crowded day, as a lot of people have that day off. On the other hand, there won't be a great deal open until 10 or 11 o'clock in the morning. If you are going to do any shopping I suggest you get there as the shops open if possible, Hong Kong Park probably isn't such a bad idea, but again it will be fairly crowded. TST will be ultra crowded. I was once walking around there and had to come to a complete stop, as the footpaths were full and no one seemed to be going anywhere :-).

Edited: 4:50 pm, January 03, 2014
Oxford
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for a Sunday?

Thanks, thought Sundays might be a bit crowded :-) perhaps I'll just take a look around Hong Kong Island getting on and off MTR and leave TST for one evening after work. Would the Peak be best one evening rather than a Sunday?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,886 posts
5,900 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for a Sunday?

Hong Kong Park is a fair idea indeed. You can see a few more things in Central as well. Street markets, couple museums, lots of art galleries, world's longest outdoor escalator, restaurants, bars, shopping.... See links if helpful.

Hong Kong Park

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Central District

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294217-c169018/Hong-…

Have a nice time in Hong Kong

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for a Sunday?

Peak is OK if you get there early. The tram opens at 7am I think. But much later and there be queues :-).

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas for a Sunday?

Best time to visit the Peak is at dusk or early evening.

Oxford
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas for a Sunday?

Thanks all!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas for a Sunday?

Take could take a harbour cruise, either the Aqualuna junk;

flickr.com/photos/…

or Star Ferry's Harbour Cruise;

flickr.com/photos/…

Both are good.

8. Re: Ideas for a Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 06, 2015