We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks in Hong Kong

Sunderland UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks in Hong Kong

If i was to come to HK for 2 weeks, where would I stay?.

Can I presume that 2 weeks in the city would to coin a phrase " Do me ed in "

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks in Hong Kong

We're about halfway through a two-week+ stay in HK and no heads have come close to being done in.

Can recommend the Harbour Plaza North Point — we have a family suite (for three of us) with two baths, and the hotel pool is excellent.

It's a 10-min MTR trip into Central but have not found this a problem. Quarry Bay station is just across the road.

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks in Hong Kong

I think one week in Hong Kong is too long, unless you want to lay beside a pool.

Need to plan some side trips to Macau and mainland China, or you won't see the "real" China just the very westernised version.

However you will be able to say you have been to the " far east", how civilized it was and cheap compared to the UK.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks in Hong Kong

Novetel Century Hong Kong in Wan Chai would be a good choice. 4-star hotel, very close to Central (2 stations of MTR away) and the HK Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Depends on what type of person you are and who you are travelling with. Other attractions includes: newly opened Disneyland, the Ocean Park (marine life and coaster, etc), the Peak (the best spot in seeing HK beautiful night scenery), Stanley market for shopping and sight seeing, take the star ferry for a habour tour.

Yes, you can easily go to Macau. Ferry pier is in Sheung Wan (3 stations away from Wan Chai)

Hope that it helps.

4. Re: Two weeks in Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:39 pm, July 20, 2006
5. Re: Two weeks in Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, August 14, 2009