We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for HK 7's 2014

Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets for HK 7's 2014

Hi All,

I am trying to find out some information on how to get tickets for the HK 7's 2014.

I am in Australia and it appears that the only way of gettiong tickets here is to buy them as part of a package.

We have already booked flights and accomm so that wont work.

Also we are only after Saturday Tickets.

Would appreciate any help from anybody as to whether I can buy just a Saturday ticket for the event.

I will need 6 in total.

Thanks.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

Try this

http://www.hongkongsevenstickets.com/

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

The official sales outlets only sell tickets as a full weekend bundle. This is a pet peeve of mine, because I would like to go for just one or two days, and can never find tickets. (If they were de-bundled, the Friday tickets would be available to people like me.....) So I don't go to the Sevens anymore.

The site recommended by steve_ben seems to be taking the ticket bundles, breaking them up (no rule against that), and selling the days individually. A good service, if you don't mind paying the (very high) price.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,430 posts
5,642 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

Also if you type in 'rugby sevens tickets' in the Search Box, you'll find past discussions you can browse through, which might be helpful. \

In short however, it is extremely difficult to arrange tickets locally in Hong Kong. Many disappointed local residents not able to get their hands on tickets every year. In the past the best way to get tickets for foreign visitors has been to buy the air+ticket packages. In addition to Steve's website option, this would be worth looking into as well.

Edited: 11:53 am, December 06, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

Interesting to note that the site linked above seems to be UK-based, and so does not carry the disclaimers (i.e. it is not an official sale site) required by Australian consumer law. Australian law seems to have more serious consumer protections, in case the tickets are invalid. See the report below from the official Rugby Football Union ticket site:

TICKETFINDERS CASE STUDY:

Sion Events Pty Ltd. (Trading as Ticketfinders in Australia)

In January 2012, the Hong Kong Rugby Football Union was informed by the Hong Kong Tourism Board that Ticketfinders, an online ticketing site, was purported to sell standalone 2012 Hong Kong Sevens tickets.

The Hong Kong Rugby Football Union promptly issued a cease and desist letter and contacted the Australian Federal Police, The Australian Media and Communications Authority, The New South Wales Department of Fair Trading and the Australian media.

An announcement was also made on the Hong Kong Sevens Website and Hong Kong Rugby website warning our fans.

On 3 April 2012 a landmark decision in the Supreme Court of New South Wales was handed down ordering ticket resellers Ticketfinders to make substantial changes to its website and bring it into compliance with Australian Consumer Law.

Ticketfinders is now required to display a disclaimer on its website to make it clear that the company obtains tickets for sale by private means and is not authorised by the organisers of events to sell their tickets for example the Hong Kong Rugby Football Union.

Significantly, Ticketfinders was also required to disclose a full refund paid by Ticketfinders if tickets were subsequently cancelled or voided.

This direction sets a clear standard for ticket resellers. It also meant consumers who believed they have been unfairly treated or suffered financial disadvantage in the past could seek redress with the ticketing company.

Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

wow thanks heaps for all that info guys...I wouldnt have thought it would be so difficult to watch rugby haha even for a front rower.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

Seaagles, the way the Aussie front row scrummages, put in a bit of practice and you may even be asked to bring along your boots !

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,254 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

Ticket selling arrangements in HK were announced yesterday. 3,000 tickets available, only by public ballot to HK ID Card holders. The other 31,000 go to local rugby clubs, sponsors and international sales through tour operators;

hksevens.com/eng/news/3608.php#.Uq-erOLcAmw

Edited: 7:55 pm, December 16, 2013
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

Im in the same boat as you. I have already booked flights from South Africa and have accomodation organised but getting hold of tickets is another story altogether.

Ive done the HK7's 4 times previously now, the first time was on the package tour, the last 3 was on my own. I found the package tour to be too expensive for what you get. You can do the trip on your own for under half the price of the package tours - but the tickets are always the problem. And still have spending money to enjoy yourself and it still doesn't add up to the cost of the package tours.

I enjoy the HK7's - so I joined a rugby club in HK as a social member and every year I get offered tickets which I am able to purchase through the club.

I found that most of the allocation of rugby tickets are forwarded to rugby clubs, sponsors and HK residents the rest are sold through travel agents as a package tour.

9. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, March 16, 2014
Edited: 10:35 pm, March 16, 2014
10. Re: Tickets for HK 7's 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, March 16, 2014