We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

school holidays

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
school holidays

Hi members, I am planning a trip to hong kong and disneyland for the family. I wanted to ask if anyone knows when the summer holidays end , so we can miss the crowds. We can go Aug, Sept. Antone have holiday dates??? also, are there any sales coming up, that way I can plan my trip (might as well get some bargains) . Thank u for helping xoxo

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: school holidays

Summer holidays end on 31st August. The tourist's shopping festival also ends on 31st August, but there should be some sales continue after that date.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: school holidays

thank you, what about china mainland school holidays? also, what is the best day 2 go 2 disneyland?

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: school holidays

Better to ask about china mainland school holidays in the China Forum.

Getting to/from Disneyland, you can take MTR underground train or bus, each has it pros and cons. MTR runs 19 hours a day, but bus has only a handful of departures going to the Park in the morning and departures leaving the Park after the fireworks. Bus is direct, but MTR need to change trains twice. Bus has a better and more view than MTR. The last few minutes of MTR is a special Disney-design train, but the bus is not special. So to enjoy more view and the special Disney-design train, you can consider taking the bus to the park and then MTR back.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
760 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: school holidays

Hi Tin,

What is the difference in travel time between the MTR and the bus?

Do buses leave Disney only after the fireworks? What about at 5-6pm?

I would like to take the MTR in the morning and ride the bus in the afternoon when we are tired for a more direct route to TST area.

Thanks for any feedback.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: school holidays

mloz,

The difference in travel time between the MTR and the bus is quite small, both about an hour.

The buses go to urban directly (routes R11, R21) leave Disneyland only after the fireworks. If you want to take bus leaving Disneyland at other times, there is a bus R8 available all day which takes you from Disneyland to connect to those bus leaving airport to urban (route A11, A21 or E11 etc). So you have to change bus at 5 or 6pm.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
760 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: school holidays

Thanks Tin.

If we need to change bus then we will just stick to the MTR for both ways.

7. Re: school holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:39 pm, July 20, 2006
8. Re: school holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 13, 2009