We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation assistance

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation assistance

Hi to the experts,

I have been reading the reviews on hotels in Hong Kong and cannot decide on the one to go for. My friends in Hong Kong recommended me Hotel Ibis at North Point which is value for money though location is not fantastic. Has anyone stayed there before?

I would prefer to stay near shopping areas or tourist attractions though. Given a budget of about HKD 700 to HKD1000 per nite, is there any recommendations? I am a cleaniness freak so the rooms have to be clean especially toilets.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Central Market
Flea & Street Markets
Starstreet Precinct
Gift & Specialty Shops
Limestone
Gift & Specialty Shops
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation assistance

If you ahve $ 700-$ 1000 HKD for a budget, you can do MUCH better than Ibis in NP. Don't stay there! It's not a good hotel.

Depending on when you are coming, try to look into these hotels:

Kowloon:

1) New World Renaissance

2) Kimberley

3) Royal Plaza

4) Marco Polo HK

HK island:

1) Metropark

2) Excelsior

3) Holiday inn Express Causeway Bay

4) South Pacific

Hope you find something.

Mentioned in this post
The Excelsior, Hong Kong
The Excelsior, Hong Kong
2,724 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation assistance

Hi Kate,

I am going end October but was told that there is a Canton trade fair. Cause of this, I might change to end Sept instead.

I am okay with any hotels if the location is good and its clean. I went online and saw Jia botique hotel, is it good?

Thanks again.

Cheers

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation assistance

September will be better for hotel prices. Jia is great boutique hotel. It's small, but if you like boutique hotel, it's nice.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation assistance

Hi Kate,

Its me again, change of plans, the date will be from 2nd Aug to 6th Aug. As we are taking the CX package, therefore I can choose from the numerous hotels given. After checking, I think its still cheaper to get these packages then buying accomodation and air ticket separately.

Here are the hotels I have shortlisted. Could you please kindly help me see which ones are the better ones.

- Metropole (Metropark)

- Kimberly

- Rosedale on the Park

- Novotel Century Hong Kong

Thanks very much.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Novotel Century Hong Kong
Novotel Century Hong Kong
3,281 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation assistance

Kimberley is ok location for Kowloon, small rooms.

Metropark is best out of the other three, but not big rooms, and no bathtubs. Just shower.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation assistance

Hi again to the experts,

My travel agent recommended me Royal Plaza, Kimberly and Regal Kowloon. Which is the better ones among these choices?

Thanks very much.

Cheers =)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation assistance

Royal Plaza's rooms will be bigger than Kimberley, and its location is in Mongkok area. Convenient, but a short walk to MTR, or take the KCR train, b/c the train station is connected to the shopping center that the hotel is in.

Kimberley, will have the best location among the three,but smallest room size.

Regal Kowloon- not in the best location in TST East, older hotel, and a good affordable chinese restaurant.

If you are getting these three hotels for the SAME prices, (your travel told you to choose one)... I personally would choose Kimberley.

However, if you really mind small rooms, and plan to be in your room more than just sleep and shower.... maybe you want to consider Royal Plaza.

I would take Regal last.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation assistance

Forgot to mention, Regal Kowloon has big size rooms too...I just don't like it's location. It's not a long walk to MTR, but it has saunas, adult X rated shops around it. But it's perfectly safe to walk about the area even later at night.....

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation assistance

Hi Kate,

Yupz its all the same price, guess I will have to decide between Kimberly and Royal Plaza then.

Really appreciate your help =)

Cheers

Leicester
Level Contributor
455 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodation assistance

Stayed in thre Kimberley last year with wife and 2 daughters. Cannot recommend the location enough compared to the other choices. There are some really good authentic restaurants almost opposite that are fantastic value and if our kids were tired they were happy to pack the food into those takeaway containers and we would take them to our room to eat and nobody in the hotel seemed to mind.

It is a great window shopping walk to the Star Ferry down Nathan Road as well, we really enjoyed walking there particularly in the evening to catch the amazing laser show at 8 PM. You can also walk north on Nathan Road to the night market in 15 minutes at Temple Street. We loved this area for shopping and to our pleasant surprise also for really, really, great eateries at the most amazing restaurants that were so friendly and incredible value for money.

Yes the rooms at the Kimberley are quite small but they are perfectly adaquate and very modern and lets face it Hong Kong is one of those destinations where the hotel should be somewhere to rest your weary head at the end of the day.