We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 2014 - High season?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
March 2014 - High season?

Hello guys,

My family went to HK last June and we just fell in love with the city, despite the scorching heat =).

We decided to go back again next year, on 23-29 March 2014.

Is it high season for tourists during this time? Will it be more crowded than usual or hotels increase their rates? We'll be visiting places for young children like Disneyland, Ocean Park, Science Museum.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

TramOramic Sightseeing Tour
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Smooth Ride Bike Tours Hong Kong
Night Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bike Tours
Myhktour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Food Tours, Day Trips
Century Holiday Hong Kong
Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,886 posts
5,900 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March 2014 - High season?

Here is an old thread that includes some reference to visits during March (see link). Generally speaking, it depends on the trade show schedule but these seem to take place more towards the end of March and more in the month of April.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k295…

Further as Easter is in April 2014 so no worries there. Weather wise, March is nice time of the year to visit as well. See this link from a similar question earlier this year about March 2014 visits

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k599…

Generally speaking, I think this is a good time for you to visit.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March 2014 - High season?

I used to have a booklet which showed high seasons for Hong Kong hotels. I wasn't supposed to have it but a travel agent gave it to me by mistake :-). It seems to me that either groups or individual hotels have high seasons at different times. I would suggest you wait until you can book then then go to individual hotel websites and see what prices are offered. You could have a quick look now to see what they are and maybe compare with what's on offer next year. But it's a sad fact that hotels in Hong Kong are expensive.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
264 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March 2014 - High season?

Yes I have done what Guerilla Surgeon has suggested. We hoping to come back to HK next November and I have kept a track of the prices this year to see when we should book next year. It would appear that the prices for November will be at their lowest around end of March beginning of April next year and I have worked out which hotels we might stay in and the lowest price they got to this year.

Kamala, Thailand
Level Contributor
586 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March 2014 - High season?

Note that the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens takes place from March 28-30 2014; this means that many hotels will be full for the week up to as well as the weekend of the Sevens.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,886 posts
5,900 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March 2014 - High season?

Oh dear!!!!!! How could we forget the HK7s.

hksevens.com/eng/news/3121.php#.UfDcsmSSBdU

Indeed, hotel bookings should be high for the weekend. Thanks for the reminder, Anninhk.

6. Re: March 2014 - High season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 27, 2014