We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hk in mid-july..still need your help!thanks!!

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philippines
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hk in mid-july..still need your help!thanks!!

finally! we have booked our trip to hongkong this july! but we are still waiting for the hotel's confirmation for our chosen dates. we opted for BP International or Royal Pacific Towers(hotel wing). i know some of you would not agree with the hotels we picked out but these two are the cheapest that our travel agency could offer--at $360/pax (airfare and tax incl)! as you could see, we are in a tight budget so everything must be planned properly!! that's why i need your advice and suggestions!!!

1)if ever we have extra money, where would you suggest us to go---Hk disneyland or Oceanpark? we are two adults...or should we just save the money for shopping?

2)we really want to eat good but cheap dimsum and peking duck in hongkong..where will we find such restaurants? how much do you think is one order of dimsum or peking duck?

3)do you know where to locate ESPRIT outlets in kowloon or is it better to buy in the malls? hope by the time we go there there will be an ongoing sale...

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hk in mid-july..still need your help!thanks!!

1) Just 2 adults, I would choose Ocean Park.

2) There is a Chinese restaurant in BP International, you can have a look that one first, that one shouldn't be expensive, and ask if they have reduce rates for certain time segments, could be below HK$10 per dish. Peking ducks, they are usually not cheap - about HK$200.

3) There is a Esprit outlet on Hankow Road near Middle Road in TST.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hk in mid-july..still need your help!thanks!!

When you are talking cheap travel, you are speaking my language.

Here is one walking tour to give you some idea of how much you can see of Hong Kong without spending much at all:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k157…

philippines
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hk in mid-july..still need your help!thanks!!

thanks for your replies!!!!

we are booked at the bp international for 4d/3n on the 2nd week of july. now, i am feeling a little overwhelmed just by thinking of what to do, when, and where to go upon arrival!!!We'll be arriving on a thursday, get to the hotel maybe around 11am. what to do next? here are the things we want to do and places we want to see--shopping-esprit, benetton, adidas outlets, shopping malls, night markets, symphony of lights, victoria peak, ocean park (if the weather permits it), causeway bay, wanchai, admiralty, and eat dimsum!! please help us organize our itinerary from day 1 to day 4. we'll be checking out of the hotel on the 4th day, a sunday, in the afternoon.

thanks to all of you..you've been so helpful!!!

4. Re: hk in mid-july..still need your help!thanks!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 12, 2009