We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau Trip Cost

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Macau Trip Cost

Hi Guys,

I've looked around, and I get different answers for how much a ferry ticket to Macau costs from Hong Kong Central.

I'm not sure how long I plan on staying in Macau, so I was wondering how much a one way ticket is either way.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
22,056 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macau Trip Cost

Between $124 to $177 depends on time of day. No need to buy round trip, plenty of crossings.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,214 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macau Trip Cost

Unless it's bundled with an accommodation package, I think HKD127 very unlikely these days. Including departure tax, I think the cheapest economy class tickets now (regular weekday, daytime sailing) is now a tad over $150.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Macau Trip Cost

Hi, different answers could pertain to day of travel,and also whether day or night time sailing.

From HK Central, i.e. Shun Tak Centre in Sheung Wan, two ferry operators to Macau- namely Cotai Jet and Turbojet.

(1).Let do day time sailing and on weekday

Economy class (Cotai Jet calls their-Cotai Class)

Turbojet :- HKD159

Cotai Jet :- HKD151 (but only one sailing at 7am to Macau Outer Harbour Terminal)

Turbojet all arrives at Macau Outer Harbour Terminal.

You could be getting this different answer, which relates to Cotai Jet, which departs from HK Macao Ferry terminal(Shun Tak Centre), but aside from the above mentioned 7am departure and also arriving at Macau Outer Harbour Terminal, other sailings arrives at Taipa ferry terminal,and the week day day sailing one way fare is HKD160.

(2). day time sailing,but on weekends or Public holidays

Turbojet :- HKD172

Cotai Jet (to Macau Outer Harbour Ferry terminal) :HKD163

Cotai Jet (to Taipa ferry terminal) :HKD172

(3). Night sailing (wdays, wends and PH)

Turbojet:- HKD195

Cotai Jet :HKD196

Now for Macau back to Hong Kong, one will see lower fares than above as (i). no departure tax; (ii) actually in MOP and converted to HKD , in the case of Turbojet, whereas for Cotai Jet, they quoted fares in MOP,but if you do not have MOP, you can pay in HKD on a 1:1 exchange basis.

So night sailing regardless of wdays, wends or public holiday

firstly, for CotaiJet, their sailings to HK will depart from Taipa ferry terminal,and mostly arriving at HK Macao ferry terminal(SHun Tak Centre) with exception of a 5pm sailing that goes to HK CHina Ferry terminal(over in Kowloon).

Night sailing fares-Macau to HK

Turbojet:- HKD184

Cotai Jet- MOP175

Night sailing ,as noted in Turbojet(suppose Cotai Jet will follow) depends on month of travel:-

Oct 8 - Jan 31 :17:15hrs - 06:30hrs

Feb 1 - Mar 31 / Sep 1 - Oct 7 :17:45hrs - 06:30hrs

Apr 1 - Aug 31 : 18:15hrs - 06:30hrs

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,181 posts
6,055 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macau Trip Cost

You can also just look on the ferry company websites where schedules and fares are posted. this the best way to see what fares are being charged.

5. Re: Macau Trip Cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 01, 2014
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now