We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

Going to hongkong for 5 days and am going DIY

I am staying at ibis central for the first 3 days and the last day is at disneyland, and i have a day in between which has not been booked yet as i was thinking of the overnight cruise but it seems a tad expensive....any ideas people ... Dont want to travel too much via thebuses with a hyperactive baby :)

Kindly suggest where to stay

I have planned a day at ocean park a day at disneyland with stay, and the rest for victoria peak, kowloon and the usual, if that helps

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

Take the cable car to Ngong Ping and visit the Big Buddha.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

Thanku lantau was what i was looking at too, but is it doable with a baby, the cable car is under maintence :(

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

You could spend a profitable hour or so looking at the gravity machine in the science museum maybe.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
236 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

Since you're travelling with a baby and not looking at too much transport, Lantau might be a little out of the way, consider taking MTR to Tung Chung, You can do a little shopping in the outlets. With cable car down, the alternative is to take a bus - around 45-60 minutes ride depending on the crowd.

You might want to look at various shopping avenues in the streets of Kowloon, such as Mongkok/Yau Ma Tei (inclusive of ladies market, temple street, Fa Yuen Street - or some called sneakers street), Tsim Sha Tsui (multiple shopping centres and joints, look for Granville Road if you're after mini boutiques).

Since you stay in HK Island, you can try to look at Stanley Market, an attraction away from the buzzing city. Also you should consider Causeway Bay, it's only a couple of stations from Central.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,578 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

How about Snoopy World in Sha Tin? Not much more that is child-friendly for 3yr olds but its a good option. See link (w/pictures).

Snoopy World

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Noah's Ark Park might be another good option. Not sure if this place is good for 3 yr olds but its very child-friendly. See link if helpful.

Noah's Ark Park

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294217-d1…

Hope this is useful.

Stockport
Level Contributor
995 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

Instead of putting yourself and your 3-year old through the trauma of an additional hotel move for just one night, why not extend your stay at the Ibis and spend a day looking around a couple of Hong Kong's parks which are reasonably close by?

Hong Kong Park - http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/parks/hkp/en/index.php - has a walk-through aviary, a tea museum with a dedicated room where little ones can have pretend tea parties and best of all, a play area where they can let off some steam.

Hong Kong Zoological & Botanical Gardens - www.lcsd.gov.hk/parks/hkzbg/en/index.php - has a reasonable collection of birds, reptiles and mammals, including twin orangutans which can be viewed up close (through a glass screen!) at certain times of the day.

Edited: 3:25 am, February 26, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

I think the idea of Hong Kong Park and the Botanical/ Zoological Gardens is a good one (specially as you mention your little one is very active!).

If you avoid the shopping malls and head out to the Harlech/ Lugard Road circuit around the Peak, there will be plenty of room for him to run around, and you can enjoy the views. There is a picnic area about half way around the circuit where you could stop for snacks, drinks or a rest, as required.

Another good area which enables you to see the view and the young one to get some exercise is the Avenue of Stars promenade in Tsim Sha Tsui - you can start right at the Star Ferry wharf and walk right the way around.

If you go to Snoopy World, there is a large and well-maintained park along the river front which is also designed for both exercise and enjoyment.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

Thank you good advice :) appreciate it!

philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

Hi Traveler Mom! how did you find your stay at Ibis Central? Is it near MTR? Is it conveniently located near transport? Will be travelling with young kids soon. Thank you!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hongkong with a 3 year old, a day to fill

I loved the location but i stayed at island pacific instead which was awesome the shuttle goes everywhere every half an hour :) n is free