We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong tourist visa rules

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong tourist visa rules

Hello,

I plan on travelling to Hong Kong from India. I understand that tourists from India are allowed to stay visa free for upto 14 days. However, I booked my tickets for a period of 15 days (travelling back on the 15th day)!! Could this be a potential problem at immigration? I also plan on travelling to Macau so I believe I'll get an additional 14 days on arrival back on HK from Macau.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hong Kong tourist visa rules

A minor update - its just been announced that HK Immigration is to stop stamping passports from sometime next month. Instead, a computer-generated slip will be issued as the immigration officer scans the passport and this will be stapled into the passport.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,242 posts
5,492 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hong Kong tourist visa rules

funkyfingersMumbai,

Would it be possible for you to return to this forum and give us an update on your experience with HK and Macau immigration after your trip? That would be most helpful for future TA visitors that might have this same travel situation. Thanks in advance.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,608 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hong Kong tourist visa rules

Solent Traveller, that is great news for frequent visitors like me! i go throu paspsorts so quickly with all the unnecessary stamps - half a page for a half day shopping run to Macau or HKG!!!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Hong Kong tourist visa rules

zhuhai, if you're a frequent visitor to HK, and are eligible, you should register to use the Frequent Visitor e-channels which are available at immigration control at the airport, Lo Wu, Lok Ma Chau Spur Line, Shenzhen Bay, Macau Ferry Terminal and China Ferry Terminal. No passport stamps, no need to complete arrival and departure cards and you'll be through immigration in literally seconds with no human contact whatsoever;

gov.hk/en/…fvapc

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Hong Kong tourist visa rules

zhuhai,

Passport stamping by HK Immigration ends today and, as from tomorrow, landing slips will be issued in lieu of passport stamps or all visitors;

info.gov.hk/gia/…P201303180376.htm

Edited: 5:11 am, March 18, 2013
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,645 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hong Kong tourist visa rules

:-( I love the stamps

17. Re: Hong Kong tourist visa rules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 20, 2014