We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

Hi guys,

We are a family of 4 which includes a baby. Theres a high recommendation for Langham place but is this near tob he museums and other attractions? Would like to know which you would recommend since we will be having a stroller and a young child so minimal travelling is required. Thank you for your help.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
20,189 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

What does "minimal travelling" mean? Walking only?

Museums (which one?) and attractions are scattered around the city. Just about anywhere you stay, you would need to take some kind of transportation to/from your attractions of interest from the hotel. Taxi fares are quite inexpensive in Hong Kong and it is convenient.

The Langham, Marco Polo and Icon are alll in Tsim Sha Tsui, where many tourists stay. Langham Place is in Mongkok, which is a much busier location. Probably not too stroller friendly as many people would be all around you on the street.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

Thanks for the quick reply. By minimal traveling, I meant that the hotel should be in a place where traveling time is short by walking or public transport (is a stroller easily manageable in the MTR or bus?) to the various attractions? I guess, as you mention the TST would be better for me since its less crowded then Mongkok. Which would you recommend out of the 3 in TST? Thanks again.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
20,189 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

Well... All 3 are nice hotels. Marco Polo - some rooms have nice view of the harbour. The Langham is just across the street from Marco Polo. But there is no view to speak of at The Langham. It is pretty much blocked from all sides.

Some like Hotel Icon, which is the newest of the 3. The location is slightly off compared to the other two. I think you may enjoy Marco Polo for the convenient location.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

Yes I was also considering MP but my agent is recommending Langham. Btw funny how your id is happy feet....my ill one is called that as she looks exactly like that penguin haha

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,258 posts
171 reviews
5. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

If you have a stroller, I would rule out Langham Place unless you are prepared to take a taxi everywhere. LP is connected to Mong Kong subway station, but it is usually very crowded.

Location-wise, Langham (without "Place") is the most convenient since it's quite close to the MTR. Marco Polo is a good hotel that is very close to Star Ferry, but it is unlikely that you will use the Ferry consistently.

MTR is ok with strollers although many exits don't have escalators or elevators.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
276 posts
6. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

You can try the Nathan hotel in teh Tsim Sha Tsui side: it is right on top of the Jordan station, should just be one station away from the Tsim Sha Tsui.

orbitz.com/hotel/…

hoteltrip.com/hotel/10030014-11364241O.html…

http://www.nathanhotel.com/main.html

You may book the Nathan Grand Room, the hotel should allow the extra-bed and the room is quite big and the price is reasonable

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
20,189 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

>> Btw funny how your id is happy feet....my ill one is called that as she looks exactly like that penguin haha <<

Yes I stole the picture from Warner Brothers. If you haven't seen that animated movie "Happy Feet", you should. It is a great movie! :)

Marco Polo and The Langham are at about the same place, really. Just across the street from each other (Canton Road). About 150 meters.

http://goo.gl/maps/X6Nn7

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
29,050 posts
6,617 reviews
8. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

+ 1 vote for Langham in TST

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
67 reviews
9. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

Hotel ICON is my recommendation

great views, amazing staff and free shuttle bus. Modern and nothing is too hard. Location is actually very good as it is close to eateries and a large community square. Having a young child you don't want to be overrun as you would at Langham Place / Mongkok

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: The Langham, Langham place or Marco Polo hotel, Icon hotel

Thanks guys for the feedback. I have decided on Marco Polo since they gave us a good package.