We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Icon VS Langham Place

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel Icon VS Langham Place

Hi guys,

I'm trying to decide between the 2 hotel options below

Hotel Icon: Icon 36 City View with Free Breakfast

Pros: looking forward to eating buffet breakfast at The Market, better pool

Cons: location

Langham Place - Essential Place Plus with Free Breakfast.

Pros - room could be better than Icon, better location

Cons - not sure if the hotel is a bit dated or not in comparison to Icon

Has anyone stayed at both? And what did they prefer? Accomodation is for 2 siblings in their 20's

Thanks!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Icon VS Langham Place

I did stay at the langham place before, the room is nice, the breakfast is fantastic and the location is superb as it is at Mongkok station while you can also shop in the langham place shopping mall and lady market. It is also not far from the Tsim Sha Tsui station. I think you can get everything from the Langham Place hotel. Unfortunately, I never stay at the icon hotel.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
5,423 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Icon VS Langham Place

Considering your age and probable interests in going out in the evenings, I'd suggest the Langham Place. Rooms that I've seen are fine, no issues with being dates. Facilities, restaurants, lounge bar and area are all very good.

ICON is newer and taking some excellent feedback here on Tripadvisor. I'm just not as big a fan of their location, although its not that bad in the end.

You'll do well with either choice.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Icon VS Langham Place

Hi,

I didn't find the location of the Icon a drawback. True its not as well located as the Langham if you plan on walking to places and want to walk around for a bit of night time atmosphere.

Hung Hom metro was a 5 minute walk and taxis were easy to get, HK20 - 25 to Mong Kok, Tsim Sha Tsu, Star Ferry. No problems getting to or from places, day or night time using either the metro or taxis.

The hotel ( Icon) more than makes up for the location factor in their rooms & facilities and the extras they provide. Free mini bar, Nespresso coffee machine, free shuttle bus etc. I've stayed twice in the harbor view rooms which included a view of the city also ( excellent at night). Rooms & bathrooms were a very good size & designed well.

As BradJill says they are both excellent hotels & you would be happy with either one :-)

Annie

4. Re: Hotel Icon VS Langham Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 25, 2014