We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me with my planning?

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Please help me with my planning?

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to HK on 19th May to 2st May (3D2N) Reach HK at 9am from Taipei.Leaving HK at 4:15pm. Will be stayong at Kimberly Hotel.

Intend to cover the following places:

Hong Kong Island:

1)Victoria Peak & Ride on Peak Tram

2)Ocean Park

3)Stanley Market

4)Repulse Bay

5)Ride on star Ferry

1)Symphony of Lights

2)Avenue Of Stars

3)Ladies Market

4)TST Waterfront Promenade

5)Mall Around Mongkok MTR

Lantau Island:

1 Disneyland

2)Big Buddha

Hi Katetam, Could you help me sort out where to go first and when?

For Disneyland, better to go on Fri or sat?

For Peak, day time or nite time?

Thanks soooo much :P

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me with my planning?

Sorry, typo error.

It should be 19th May to 21st May.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,122 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me with my planning?

Arriving May 19 at 9am, by the time you get to Kimberley and check in, it would be about 11:00am, leave any luggage you have at the Kimberley if they can't check you in yet. I would take the MTR over to the Peak, and then do Stanley Market (take the bus from the Peak). That should cover you until 6:00pm to get back to Tsim Sha Tsui. Take the bus from Stanley Market back to Tsim Sha Tsui, have dinner, catch the laser show at 8:00pm, while you walk on Avenue of Stars.

After that you can go to Mongkok's Ladies Market, b/c the best time to go is after 9:00pm for the street markets.

I suggest going to Disneyland on Friday, you can be hoping for a LITTLE less people than Saturdays, although usually both days are quite busy.

But I think it doens't make sense to go to your hotel, then go back all the way to Disneyland.... that's why I suggest with your schedule, go to Disneyland on Saturday. But, do you have kids? If not, I would suggest you go to Ocean Park for the day instead, it would be more fun and interesting for you than Disneyland. Disneyland in HK is good only if you have kids under 10 years old.

The last day, check out early of the hotel. Go to the airport earlier. Leave your luggage (or check in for your flight), then go to Big Buddha by taking a taxi from the airport. You would have to be back to the airport no later than 3:00pm if you already checked in. Leave at least 5 hours for transport, touring there.

I left out Repulse Bay, b/c you can SEE Repulse Bay on the bus TO Stanley Market, personally, I think there's nothing IMPRESSIVE about it. Especially coming from Singapore, Sentosa Island is similar.

So, 3 days 2 nights, if you really can do this all .... it's pretty good. I usually would say 5 days at least for this kind of itinerary. You left no time for shopping..... and eating....hahaha

The Peak, both day and night have it's beauty. So choose one or the either due to your time contraint, AND hope for clear weather.

Hope this helps.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,708 posts
1,651 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me with my planning?

Its a shame not to see Macau ..it really is fabulous...covered in deep history and terrific buildings...it really is a must do if travelling to hong kong.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me with my planning?

Hi Katetam,

I'm so glad to hear from u.

And thank you for the suggested itinery.

I'm bringing my mom instead of hubby and children (school term is still in progress)

for this trip.

Actually the stopover to Hong kong was a last minute plan.

Have not been there before.

but after reading various threads in the Hong Kong Forum,got a little ambitous and want to cover other tourist spots as well.

I'm in my mid 30s, but I'm a disney fan at heart. Besides, this is my mother's ist trip abroad.Do you think she'll enjoy Disneyland?

How can I incorporate bot Disneyland, Ocean Park and Shopping in my itinery? Sigh!!!

So much things to do and so little time.

But I'm sure I'll be back again, next time with hubby and children :P

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me with my planning?

Hi Ellemay,

Yes, I would love to have the time to visit the neighbouring Macau , but as you can see

I have problems covering the "essentials"

of Hong Kong in my 3D2N itinery.

But I'll make sure I'll do MacaU the next time

I'm in Hong Kong and I'll be needing your

help then.Have a good day ahead :)