We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places for street photography

Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Places for street photography

Hi!

I will be heading to Hongkong in 2 weeks' time. My objective for this trip is to take street photography of Hongkong as well as it historical buildings. I will be staying in the country for 4 days and wonder if there is an expert who can recommend me where I shall go for my photography.

Of course, I will like to do some shopping as well. May I know if there is an off season stores which sell summer items as I am from Singapore. I like to buy bags and shoes as well.

Thank you! :)

Vince

International Commerce Centre
Architectural Buildings, Shopping Malls
Stanley, Hong Kong
Historic Walking Areas, Flea & Street Markets
Harbour City
Shopping Malls,
IFC mall
Architectural Buildings, Shopping Malls,
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,522 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places for street photography

You can look through this section of the Discover Hong Kong website for some suggestions:

discoverhongkong.com/uk/…index.jsp

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,023 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places for street photography

Let me suggest from my own experience:

For building architecture:

Walk around Central and Admiralty area. Many of the major iconic office buildings are in that area, such as Bank of China, HSBC (Hong Kong Bank), IFC1 and 2, Lippo Centre, Exchange Sequare, etc..

For mesmeriszing neon signs, the "iconic" shot of Hong Kong streets:

Walk along Nathan Road from Tsim Sha Tsui to Mong Kok (aroung Argyle Street).

On Hong Kong Island: along the ding ding tram track (Johnston Road and Henessy Road) from Wan Chai to Causeway Bay.

For the "old Hong Kong" like:

Walk around Central and Sheung Wan towards west along Queen's Road West or the streets up around the hills.

Kowloon side: Walk along Shanghai Street from Jordan towards Sham Shui Po. Around the Sham Shui Po area.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,697 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places for street photography

Chun Yeung Street at North Point is a great spot for street photography, where trams run right through the middle of a busy street market. Very atmospheric and you can observe as people still appear to go about their daily lives just as they would have done 50 years ago;

…blogspot.com/-gcqrH97KyRI/…DSC_0107.jpg

North Point Tram Terminus is at the end of the street and you often see photographers setting up tripods.

Edited: 4:35 pm, January 02, 2013
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Places for street photography

Hi Vince,and also from several spots along the new Central Water Front promenade.

Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Places for street photography

THanks for the tips. I chosen to stay near Queen;s street so that I have ample time to snap some street photography :)

6. Re: Places for street photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, January 22, 2013
7. Re: Places for street photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 24, 2014