We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April and October price hike question

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Topic
April and October price hike question

Hi, I know I have a similar thread started but wanted to catch more people in the know with this title.

Ok I can't look up October 2013 prices yet (keen for YMCA Salisbury) and have emailed them and they have said generally more expensive but won't say by how much.

From everything I have read on these forums, many people are talking about hotel prices doubling!! Which really eliminates that option for us.

BUT the prices for April 2013 are up on their site, and they mention a $100hk surplus for a week and $350hk surplus for another week in April. So worse case would be 350x 5 nights we are there = $1750hk more.

From peoples experience is this similar to what I could expect mid October? As our only other option is November and in November our flights increase by $2200hk. So even if the accommodation is cheaper, the flights are more expensive so what's the point!

Obviously though if the hotels do indeed double their prices then November would be best choice.

So, those in the know - are Oct surcharges generally same as April, or more?

It's my 30th birthday mid Oct and would prefer to be away then. (saves mrs hosting a party at home! ;)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,185 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April and October price hike question

I don't think anyone can tell you at this point. Hotel prices go up and down according to supply-and-demand so it's not an exact science.

Perhaps you can see if November flight prices will eventually go down. Airlines run promotions for fares seasonally.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April and October price hike question

It's a bit early to judge airfares. Airlines often have unforseen sales.

Melbourne, VIC
Level Contributor
370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April and October price hike question

Have just booked our 4th holiday to H.K. i work in the airline industry in oz we always go late august early sep same hotel each year royal-plaza increase from last year for 3 adults for this hotel was$100.00 h.k.dollars per night,we find this time of the year is classed as low-shoulder with airlines and hotels,at the moment return melb 2 h.k.with cathay is $1100.00 per adult this will come down before i book,always get prices direct from the hotels you are cutting out the commissions that the booking sites will charge you, have fun in h.k..

4. Re: April and October price hike question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, January 06, 2014