We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Shenzhen to Hong Kong

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
From Shenzhen to Hong Kong

Hi,

I will be in Shenzen next week, I would like to find out what is the best way to travel from Shenzhen to Hong Kong?

Is it convenient to hire a van (5 pax) to cross the border?

Thanks

Irene

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Shenzhen to Hong Kong

you can simply walk over the boarder crossing at Luohu near Shenzhen train station. Its the final stop of subway line #1 in Shenzhen.

On the other side of the boarder you take the light railway to Hongkong downtown.

Its very easy.

Look out where foreigners have to get their passport checked. There are no long queues at these desks.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
60,669 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Shenzhen to Hong Kong

Hiring a cross-border van (from Transisland) will cost you quite a bit more money vs taking the train. In addition to Lo Wu, you can also cross the border at Lok Ma Chau. Once you go through the formalities and enter China, they both connect to Shenzhen's subway and taxi stands.

Queues for passport holders can be long.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,938 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Shenzhen to Hong Kong

Hi ileck,

This topic as discussed many times. Did you try the search function?

From where in Shenzhen to where in HK? There are a couple of borders and the best way depends on you personal situation.

To hire a van for 5 people is a very convenient option for sure. There are plenty companies available. I also can give some hints, but I do not want to post any recommendation here as I do not want to do advertisement.

Besides a private van, there are other options:

-cross border busses (from various places to various stations in HK and from the borders Huanggang and Shekou/Shenzhen Wan)

-ferry (from Shekou to HK Central)

-MTR (via Luohu or Futian - may require a couple of train changes)

-taxi to the border and again after the border (5 will not fit in one taxi)

-combinations of the above options.

4. Re: From Shenzhen to Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 17, 2013